Options

Guitar strings question, oh yeah!

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
So uh, I have this wonderfull used guitar, but the string were set to close to the fretboard by the former user, so two of them kinda buzzed. I took it to the shop - taking your advice, thank you! - and the guy adjusted it. Now I don't have any buzz and my guy Bruno said they were put in a position without buzz, but still playable. Now my baby sounds remendously sweet, but I feel like maybe they are a bit far now from the fretboard nowto get the solo stuff going (which I was just gonna get into these days, learn to solo).

So here is my question - for those who are not asleep by now - is it very important to keep the strings close to the fretboard in order to learn to solo well or can you be good at it in a normal setting? I'd like to believe so, thinking it's just a matter of habit (being used to your string settings) and practice. Bear in mind though that I'm no Mike McCready or a Van Halen or Vai type player. I'm at Ed level now and would like to progress to a full Stone level.

Thank you! :rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If the guitar sounds good now, keep'm there and you'll grow into it. If you were to grab like , stevie ray, or buddy guy, or others guitars, you'd be startled to find how high up the strings are. Better for bending and tone.
    Gone To California
  • Options
    I have noticed that bending goes really well like this. Thank you for relieving me!

I love this part of the board, so many people to help guitar beginners like myself.