Options

Exhausted, maybe this is good for you?

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that could be fun. no one makes a lefty jag body though. not even warmoth. mine's a jazz.
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    I've got the trunk of a huge beech tree that I just uninstalled from my house . It might be decent guitar wood. I'm getting a lumber guy to cut it up. If it's any good, I'll cut you one out. It's easier than you think!Puremagic seems to need a lefty bass. I'll try to cut a tele for ya pearlwax. I'll keep the superglue off it!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    :D
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Rob Beechwood should be great or at least different. I hope it works out.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    mmmmmmm. beechwood aged telecaster.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Rob Beechwood should be great or at least different. I hope it works out.

Yea, Beechwood is great if it's dense enough. That I won't know until I get it cut. It needs to age , too. I'll tell you, in 60 years, I'll have a kicking guitar!

Oh man, I just got a great idea, aaahhhlll be baack!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    mmmmmmm. beechwood aged telecaster.

For guitar builders:
    An old friend from college and I used to Scuba dive in Lake Superior. We saw all these old logs on the bottom of the lake. He figured out a way to get them off the bottom and has a whole company that raises and cuts it . It's turned out to be some of the greatest musical instrument wood in the world.. If you really want some great lumber, try that. They have old old beechwood.

The website is" timelesstimber.com" but I think the site is new and doesn't show much, but they do have great blanks with beautiful dense virgin wood . Ecologically friendly.

That way I can use MY tree to age beer for exhausted.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Budwiser Tele sounds cool

Get the barrels used to age the beer and construct a guitar out of it, then paint it like a Bud can.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Budwiser Tele sounds cool

Get the barrels used to age the beer and construct a guitar out of it, then paint it like a Bud can.

That's a good idea. My guitars always used to smell like beer anyway from the old smoky bar band days. Part of the natural aging process!

My tree is big enough to make a solid barrel. Maybe instead, we can sit around and drink beer and wait for my tree to age, and play the guitars we already have!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    I like the way you think Rob. On my way I'll pick up some whisky in Tennessee, and get some whisky barrels so we can make a Jack Daniels Strat.
  • Options
    I'll pick up a couple of tubes of superglue!

We should get Pearlwax over here! We keep corrupting his threads.
    Bring Belgian Beer Pearlwax!
    Lots of it, because we have to wait for Exhausted, and Puremagic's and Pearlwaxes bodies ( instrument ) to age.
    New band? The Beech Boys?,,,,,, No, Puremagic's here too, The Beech People? hmm, need help, my brain is fading, I need another whiff of superglue. The Beech Noise?
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    uh, ... yeah! Get me over there! I'll bring the beers, we have lots of them, as you probably know. Then we can scuba dive drunk and superglue ourselves to big chunks of wood.
  • Options
    How about Beech Booze?