Options

I'm tired of my busted up Marshall Valvestate 80V Model 8080

2»

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    In a touring amp that gets bumped and jostled a lot, a solid-state rectifier would make sense, but you can't fake the sound of a real tube.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    right. Soldano and VHT amps usually take a beating over thier lifetimes. If you have that kind of money usually you tour.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I've only played on one Soldano amp ever, and was less than impressed. It was a combo amp with 4 x 10" speakers. Two channels. The clean was okay, but very bright. The dirty channel was aweful, though. In my opinion.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Soldano dosen't really build stuff for our Ilk.

However Warren Haynes has a killer soldano with mods out the yin yang to make it sound like he wants.

I'm not a big fan either. I like the classic stuff. Soldano is more modern its a refined better built streamlined Mesa triple rec. but they aren't my favorite either.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I'm still drooling over that Robin Amps Bassman clone...

http://www.robinamps.com/