Music video?

bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,108
The visualizers are cool, but are we going to get a video for this album? I feel like the band and label need to keep pushing this record. Obviously, there is some Clinch shot footage we saw in promos, it seems like they would at least do something with that. 

Comments

• bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 237
    It’s crazy there was no videos released when the footage was shot. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,147
    Crossing fingers if they do release a music video from Dark Matter, I hope it's Waiting For Stevie.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,108
    demetrios said:
    Crossing fingers if they do release a music video from Dark Matter, I hope it's Waiting For Stevie.
    I'll take anything. Gimme content!! haha
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    The album was released in April. 

Why would they release a music video now
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 317
    Do it. 

Or the live music video footage is for the garbage can.

A chapter Band history could be written.

Even Staged

Anyone with another view on it?
  • D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 317
    edited July 10
    Dark Matter
    Music Video 
    produced
    in TikTok‘s
    Display aspect ratio
    for release
    on TikTok
    exclusive?!

• MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 1,081
    D-Day said:
    Dark Matter
    Music Video 
    produced
    in TikTok‘s
    Display aspect ratio
    for release
    on TikTok
    exclusive?!

:lol:  If this is the route they go, then might as well make it the video for Be Mighty Humble.  It's the perfect length for TikTok.  Then this would be the only Dark Matter music video.  Love it.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,108
    edited July 10

To keep momentum? That's just one reason. They just hit #1 for mainstream rock for second song off album recently. It's not like the record is dead in the water. They are proud of this record and should keep pushing it and it's an album that deserves to be heard.
    Post edited by bobasfeet on
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,151
    Surprised there wasn’t a ‘new single’ release for the Euro leg. Maybe now Wreckage is a No.1 they’ll think about pushing a new one, with a video would be cool. Scared of Fear seemed to be a ten club exclusive. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757

They can release a music video when they want. Do the Evolution was released months after Yield came out.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    I'm still waiting for that Getaway video
    I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    edited July 11
    igotid88 said:

They can release a music video when they want. Do the Evolution was released months after Yield came out.
    But they were still in a "Boho! for MTV" mode back then so videos were not part of the PR plan(?), and that type of animation takes time from when Eddie was watching SPAWN and got the idea to have it done. Or was the plan of the DTE video thought up as part of the PR push even before Yield was released?

So/and obviously yes, they can release a music video when they want. There is no law against that. They can also paint themselves completely baby blue before going out on stage. But why would they.

I think we might get a live video of some song from the tour uploaded. But why would they released a classic music video now. Will the album even get a third single (four if you cant Running)? if it get's a third single (before leg#3 maybe, than sure a video might be released with it. But I reckon it would be something with live footage)

( But would love a well made, thought out Gondry music video)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,147
    bobasfeet said:
    demetrios said:
    I'll take anything. Gimme content!! haha

Same here. I don't care if it's just a video of hypnotoad for the whole video for Waiting For Stevie. A new music video would be great right about now.