Hotels Wrigley 2024

Waited a bit too long. Does anyone have any suggestion for hotels walking distance or short Uber from Wrigley?

Comments

• goingonsixgoingonsix Posts: 68
    There are very few hotels near Wrigley. Whatever you can see on Google Maps is what there is. Image shows current prices for 8/29–9/1. Most people stay downtown and take the "L" Red Line train to Addison or Uber/cab to WF.

• Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    Red Line goes north too, some nice areas away from the city. You lose the buzz of being in the city, but it makes for an easy in and out for the concert.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Awesome! I’m gonna take a look downtown. Thanks so much
  • Still looking both ways. If I stay north is it easy getting outta there if we are driving?
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    Still looking both ways. If I stay north is it easy getting outta there if we are driving?
    Depends on where you are coming from, if you are heading north or west, then it’s just fine.  If you need to go south (Indiana, St. Louis, etc) then you have to fight the city all the way for about 40 miles.  

The city is awesome, but if you want a quick in and out, staying near the Red Line on the North Shore is the way to go.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • We are there for both shows but driving from Canada. So we have the car I just thought it easier to not drive. But if getting in and out of the area isn’t a nightmare I’m gonna look around. Thank you!!!
  • There are very few hotels near Wrigley. Whatever you can see on Google Maps is what there is. Image shows current prices for 8/29–9/1. Most people stay downtown and take the "L" Red Line train to Addison or Uber/cab to WF.

Thank you!
  • Hankj25 said:
    Still looking both ways. If I stay north is it easy getting outta there if we are driving?
    Depends on where you are coming from, if you are heading north or west, then it’s just fine.  If you need to go south (Indiana, St. Louis, etc) then you have to fight the city all the way for about 40 miles.  

The city is awesome, but if you want a quick in and out, staying near the Red Line on the North Shore is the way to go.
    Thank
    you!
  • The Congress is always a good stay- it’s downtown. Capone use to stay there and it’s haunted.
  • JseeteenakJseeteenak Posts: 122
    We are there for both shows but driving from Canada. So we have the car I just thought it easier to not drive. But if getting in and out of the area isn’t a nightmare I’m gonna look around. Thank you!!!
    i will be driving down as well from Winnipeg with my son. flights booked down to winnipeg and now to just get our hotel room reserved. 
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    I stayed at the Congress last September. I liked it. My brother didn't like it. We changed rooms twice because the rooms didn't meet his satisfaction. One of the showers drained right into the bathroom floor. Another shower was dirty-maybe mold? I didn't think it was bad. It is an old building. Go in with certain expectations and it will be totally fine.The staff were really gracious with our requests. There was not much open in the immediate neighborhood late at night however. Some blocks away were fast food/diner type places but not places I'd hang around in.

When I went to Chicago alone another time I stayed at the Getaway Hostel and I really liked it. I was able to book my own room but opted for a communal bathroom with shower stalls because the price was great. I am not sure if any rooms have private bathrooms - maybe the more expensive rooms? It is a bit of a walk from the train station but doable especially for a man who might not feel as unsafe walking alone or as a couple late at night. Near the station is a cool neighborhood with great bars (Red Lion Inn) which will be open late, and the movie theater where John Dillinger was shot.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    I booked the Hotel Zachary next to Wrigley looks like a good spot!

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• We are there for both shows but driving from Canada. So we have the car I just thought it easier to not drive. But if getting in and out of the area isn’t a nightmare I’m gonna look around. Thank you!!!
    i will be driving down as well from Winnipeg with my son. flights booked down to winnipeg and now to just get our hotel room reserved. 
    We booked about a half hour west of Wrigley. Not too expensive and not too far!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    We lucked out and booked the Best Western at Roscoe and Broadway based on the rumored dates. It's an easy walk.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • BarrygooseyBarrygoosey Posts: 49
    We lucked out and booked the Best Western at Roscoe and Broadway based on the rumored dates. It's an easy walk.
    Us too! Glad we won't be the only ones.
    I want to be clever, but I don't know how.