They should do a Neil Young tribute night 2 at Ohana

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
edited June 30 in The Porch
Pearl Jam can have a few Mirrorball songs played. 
Other acts and guests who are in the area can come and play some songs. 

Yes.
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 1,081
    edited June 30
    This is a very solid plan if they can't find another artist to fill in.  I think most would enjoy something like this.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    No... please no
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    I think there needs to be a headliner Sat. Even if a theme of tribute to Neil emerges during the weekend, it should Not be a hodge-podge, but something with more strength. Nothing really fills the same spot as Neil!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    We should be more hopeful that PJ shows up versus having a tribute to Neil Young.
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    So glad I saw him at the Ford Theatre for his solo run last summer (tiny, intimate venue), but I was sure looking forward to some blazing electric guitar with a full band at Ohana!
    I'd like something like that to go in his spot.
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC Posts: 340
    His show in May at Forest Hills was fantastic!  I feel extra lucky to have seen it given the rest of the tour being canceled now.  Neil Young & Crazy Horse is the best version of Neil for my tastes.  I was disappointed that he couldn’t induct PJ into the RRHOF due to illness also.  I hope they find a suitable replacement for those going.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,152
    Would be pretty cool if Pearl Jam did play a few Mirrorball songs @ Ohana.