I've been seeing this chord a few times around and I was wondering:

what's the difference and when do you use them

- -
- -
9 9
6 9
7 7
- -

don't they basically represent the same chord? as in a shape based on the C-chord? When do you use which one and more importantly: why?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Yeah, they're both just simplified C chords, which has both a G# and a B. When to use them...I don't have hte faintest idea. Theory is not my forte, I'm afraid.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
    a major chord has the first(root),the third and the fifth note of the major scale of the root note...7-6-9 you play 1st-3d-1st...7-9-9 u play 1st-5th-1st...the first one is called Emajor(no fifth) and the second one is E5...the fifths give you that straight powerful sound for rhythm playing...u can also play 7-7-9-9 and that gives u two fifths and two firsts 5th-1st-5th-1st....excellent zound you can get by these chords...you can also play 7-7-6-9 and that is 5th-1st-3d-1st by using the middle finger for the 7-7 index for 6 and the small for 9...this one is a Emajor chord with FAT sound
    "You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    Thanks man, that actually made sence to me. I must be learning
  • Options
    mogwaimogwai Posts: 141
    it's good to know some things about chord theory so that u can figure out chords of your own...that's the way to play guitar in a personal way
    "You stay classy San Diego" Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    Originally posted by mogwai
    it's good to know some things about chord theory so that u can figure out chords of your own...that's the way to play guitar in a personal way

I know, I'm working on that...