Take a look at this beauty

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://muziek.2dehands.be/fotos/4090081.jpg

Gibson LP Deluxe 1972 , € 950

2 x Seymour Duncan P90's

top is stripped, but I don't know what that means, think its about no paint or coverage on the body, since it looks really naked.

Guy's also selling this one for € 350

http://muziek.2dehands.be/fotos/4090117.jpg

And while we're at it, from same site in Belgium, a rather weird but cool looking guitar:

http://muziek.2dehands.be/fotos/4082374.jpg

fender telecaster hmt € 500
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    If only I had the money... theyre all pretty cool. I'd refin the tele though. Belgium is next door for me... so IF ONLY I had the money... :(
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the epi's pretty cool. overpriced though. the tele's ugly and the les paul's been pretty molested.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the epi's pretty cool. overpriced though.

Not for Belgian standards, I'm afraid... new they are 750 or so...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    the les paul's been pretty molested.

Really? How do you know? Because of the stripped top?
    Originally posted by pariah
    Not for Belgian standards, I'm afraid... new they are 750 or so...

that's heinous. i can buy a new sheraton II for $550US or so.
    Originally posted by pearlwax
    Really? How do you know? Because of the stripped top?

that and i don't think P90s actually fit in the routs for the original mini-humbuckers. it's been chopped a bit i think.
    that's heinous. i can buy a new sheraton II for $550US or so.

That's Belgium, remember? 21% VAT taxes and about 7% customs. So for me it's actually a decent deal...
    that and i don't think P90s actually fit in the routs for the original mini-humbuckers. it's been chopped a bit i think.

I kinda liked the look of that top... As for the hummies, I don't have a clue...

Man I stink at finding cool bargains :(
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    that's a pretty common deluxe mod putting the p-90's in there for the mini humbuckers. Almost all originals I've see have this done. Yeah they fit because mini hums are wider than regular hums.

You can find near perfect early 70's models for around $1200.

Check out http://www.guitarworld.com and look for that Billy Gibbons (ZZtop) article where they searched all over Eastern Europe for badass guitars. Aparently they are all over.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by pearlwax
    That's Belgium, remember? 21% VAT taxes and about 7% customs. So for me it's actually a decent deal...

that just sucks that it's inflated the cost of private sale stuff too.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    that's a pretty common deluxe mod putting the p-90's in there for the mini humbuckers. Almost all originals I've see have this done. Yeah they fit because mini hums are wider than regular hums.

You can find near perfect early 70's models for around $1200.

well there you go. i learned something.

neil finn has a goldtop deluxe and i love the sound he's getting out of the minis.
    that just sucks that it's inflated the cost of private sale stuff too.

Well if you buy a guitar new for 750 you wouldn't go sell it for less then half price would you? Either way, the second hand market in Belgium is ridiculously expensive anyway. If ten persons sell a guitar that was 750 new, maybe 2 will let it go for under 450.
    when i finally quit and sell all my gear, i'm doing it in belgium.

Here's the proof: one of the most visited search and wanted sites for gear. It's in dutch but I'm sure you recognise the names and prices in euro.

http://www.humo.be/scripts/Uitlaat/ShowWiezoekt.asp?gezocht=Instrumenten
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted

I'm doing it in Amsterdam. Weed, Women, football. what more do you want?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.