Options

Let's discuss bridges

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Those seem to be the most tricky parts in songwriting. How do you come up with one that fits the song? How tough a nutcrackers are they? Does a song really need one? Which bridge do you love?

I really like the bridge part in In my tree, you know, the B F C B D part Stone plays. Such a brilliant yet simple chord pattern and it really feels and fils the atmosphere of the song (especially with the Boom-keyboard solo), before blowing into that riff again.

So my fellow fellows, lets get philosophical about bridges...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    hands down one of the best Bridges ever is in Breath.

All you are doing is bridging the song toegther. Changing it up in the middle to bridge the beginning and the end of the song.

See James Browns Sex Machine as another good example.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    All you are doing is bridging the song toegther. Changing it up in the middle to bridge the beginning and the end of the song.

I don't know, whenever I write something close to a song, I always get a decent chorus and verse, but never a bridge that fits, at least not to my satisfaction.
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    My bridges always end up becoming new songs...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by pearlwax
    I don't know, whenever I write something close to a song, I always get a decent chorus and verse, but never a bridge that fits, at least not to my satisfaction.

Probably too long of a bridge. All you need is a couple of measures to spice it up. See Breath. "If I knew where it was I would take you there......" back to A rhythm.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Breath does kick ass. Really like In my tree though...
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    ...the Golden Gate's not too bad either.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by WiLL75
    ...the Golden Gate's not too bad either.

What about the Tacoma Narrows bridge? That thing literally ROCKED!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.