Eddie Vedder Take Me Out To The Ballgame 1998

vluggagevluggage Posts: 71
I was at a Chicago Cubs in 1998, which was the year Harry Caray died.  At that game, Eddie Vedder was the surprise guest that sang Take Me Out To The Ballgame. I have tried to find out the date of that game, but have found nothing online.  I only find information about the times from 2003 forward. Am I crazy?  Did I imagine that happening?
"I think I kinda want it."

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,147
    edited June 20

For nearly two decades, beloved Cubs announcer Harry Caray lead the crowd in the singing of the mid-7th inning anthem, but after Caray passed away prior to the 1998 season, special guests began filling in on “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” on a daily basis. Vedder was among the first to pay tribute to Caray by singing at Wrigley in 1998, as evidenced by the Caray badge on his jersey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zal4Oj8fhX8&t=2s

Post edited by demetrios on
  • vluggagevluggage Posts: 71
    Thank you so much.
    "I think I kinda want it."
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    Penis and crack! 😂
  • TheMooksterTheMookster Posts: 100
    4th of July right? Cubs went on to score 4 in the bottom of the 7th (thanks Eddie!) and win. Could use him doing the stretch for the rest of this season and get the bats going.
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,362
    mvw said:
    Penis and crack! 😂
    This is always the dumbest take from this performance.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,147
    vluggage said:
    Thank you so much.

No problemo!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Pretty sure he was drunk. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    I feel like this was right before the Alpine shows...no?!?! I know I was at this game and I'm thinking I was either on my way home from the Alpine shows or was on my way up to the Apline shows.