Whoops!

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I put my Marshall V80 8080 on line for sale today for the price of 175 euros. The footswitch is missing, it's a used one already and it's not in perfect condition, but it still sounds good enough for any kid trying to play his first power chords.

At first I thought I wasn't gonna get more then 150 for it, but now 3 interested people already mailed me for it. Come to think of it, when I look at the ridiculous prices people ask here for used gear, mine is a steal, even without the footswitch.

My idea is to let the first mailer have it. The little devil up my right shoulder says I could hand it to the highest bidder, but the angel on my left shoulder is looking pissed at me for it.

This is not an auction site though, so the three don't know of each others existance....

Tips? I'm actually thinking of just giving it to the first responder, but now my mail to him returned, so nobody knows anything yet...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cltaylor12cltaylor12 Posts: 125
    If no one has bid, you might cancel the auction and resubmit/reenter it. I had to do that the other day with an auction that I made a mistake on.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    It's not an auction. It's a site where you post what you want to sell for how much and leave your e-mail. 3 people e-mailed already and they want it bad!
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    as it's advertised, i'd just give it to the first person to cough up the asking price.
    That's what I was thinking and that sounds fair enough. The devil on my right shoulder mainly was there in reaction to the greedy bastards that soil the used market here.

I'll mail the first guy again and if it doesn't work again, I'll leave it to the second buyer.

What do you think of my price btw. Reasonable?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i have no feeling for prices at all on stuff. sorry.
    So this is bitchingly annoying! The e-mails I send this guy keep coming back!

And the guy with the Champ, why I'm selling the 8080 for in the first place isn't responding at all!

See how I'm using exclamation marks all over the place!