Would someone please slap me in the face?

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
This guy is looking to trade a cherry red fender fat us tele for a standard us tele, which I happen to have, and I'm actually curious about it and considering it.

My tele is my baby! It's perfect! Cool colours, great action... someone slap me out of it!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    don't do it. SLAP. you've already stated all the reasons not to do it. sometimes change for the sake of change can be good and inspiring but if you're emotionally attached to the tele do not do it.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    It is important to remember that a guitar is just a guitar, and when used properly is an extension of you... but in the end, it is wood and magnets, some electronics... you get the idea.

Having a favorite guitar or "your" guitar is something every guitarist aims for I think. But you can't be afraid to move on if you find something better or different.

What the right guitar is can change over time as you discover yourself musically...

It's Evolution Baby!
    There's No Code.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Originally posted by exhausted
    don't do it. SLAP.

Again!

I'm hung on my tele, but ever since I saw Gomez live, twice already, I am very much intrigued by fat tele's. The guy is willing to sell for 800€, but me not have that.
    Originally posted by House53
    It is important to remember that a guitar is just a guitar, and when used properly is an extension of you... but in the end, it is wood and magnets, some electronics... you get the idea.

Having a favorite guitar or "your" guitar is something every guitarist aims for I think. But you can't be afraid to move on if you find something better or different.

What the right guitar is can change over time as you discover yourself musically...

It's Evolution Baby!

You obviously have not seen my tele yet :D
    That being said,

it is hard to know the right thing to do... don't worry about it too much and play the two...

Maybe a tele with a humbucker is what you want right now... nothing wrong with that...

There are lots of guitars in the world... it's like dating... wait until you find "the one" that compliments you completely before settling down.
    There's No Code.
    Originally posted by pearlwax
    Again!

I'm hung on my tele, but ever since I saw Gomez live, twice already, I am very much intrigued by fat tele's. The guy is willing to sell for 800€, but me not have that.

bastard. you've seen them twice. they'll never come here. :(

and i misread you're original post and thought you said fat strat, not tele.

that changes things slightly b/c the balance and feel would be the same. maybe give it a whirl.
    You obviously have not seen my tele yet :D

I don't doubt that it is a great tele.

I recently finished up my custom tele creation... I built it from parts... and it is wonderful... I finished the setup last weekend.

That is what has me thinking about selling my SG.

I will be able to have other SGs later in my life, right now maybe I should get something different? Who knows what is right?

Go with what feels right.
    There's No Code.
    I want both really. Don't want to trade, but that would be the only way to get the fat. So I will retain for now, if it were candy apple red instead of cherry red, then I'd be in a huge dillema, nothing beats a candy apple red fat tele, not even my green and black (oh yes :D ) rosewood tele.

as for gomez, they toured in the US in january/february. But probably not around where you are. They're amazing aren't they. I'd love to be able to play like Ian, he's the one with the fat tele's. He plays the cool riffs in shot shot, drench and las vegas dealer.

Bring it on is just a wicked album
    gomez is god. i think they probably played vancouver and toronto but that would have been it for canada.
    They'll have a new album out in May. Maybe then they'll tour again...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    *SLAP* I'm Rick James Bitch! :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Don't sell!

Keep!

Enjoy!

:)

You know it makes sense.
  • BrotherBrother Posts: 63
    This guy is looking to trade a cherry red fender fat us tele for a standard us tele, which I happen to have, and I'm actually curious about it and considering it.

My tele is my baby! It's perfect! Cool colours, great action... someone slap me out of it!

SLAP!!! BACKSLAP!!! BITCHSLAP!!! SLAP!!!
  • Originally posted by pearlwax

SLAP!

Never sell your perfect guitar. Never sell your baby!
    If you were unhappy with it somehow, then trade it.

There will always be fat strats out there. (or here!) If the urge comes later, Just bring a few Leffes over and I'll help you find one! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    and asked the guy for some info and a pic. It's actually darker red than candy apple red if I'm not mistaken, almost burgundy, with a rosewood fretboard. To top things of, it has some modifications by the previous owner: it doesn't have the 5-way switch anymore and it has a P90 - yes mig, a fucking P90 - in the neck.

Downside is that there are a lot of ugly stickers on the guitar. Now he wants to see my tele, but I already told him I wasn't likely to trade.

Any advice here? Since he is the second owner already, the guitar probably has some wear and he is willing to sell it for 850 euros, which is a lot, don't you think?
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    and asked the guy for some info and a pic. It's actually darker red than candy apple red if I'm not mistaken, almost burgundy, with a rosewood fretboard. To top things of, it has some modifications by the previous owner: it doesn't have the 5-way switch anymore and it has a P90 - yes mig, a fucking P90 - in the neck.

Downside is that there are a lot of ugly stickers on the guitar. Now he wants to see my tele, but I already told him I wasn't likely to trade.

Any advice here? Since he is the second owner already, the guitar probably has some wear and he is willing to sell it for 850 euros, which is a lot, don't you think?

SLAP, are you into pain, do you like being slapped around? Didn't everyone tell you don't do it? You need a sky writer, what! Look at yours, now look at his. You know yours work, what about his. Did you like the stickers, you do know those stupid things are f--in hard to get off without messing up your finish, is it really worth the money and what are you going to do with it that you can't do with your current guitar, 90s or not. Do you really have the TIME to devote to another guitar or will it sit in a corner? SLAP.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Pearlwax, you're a nice fellow, and your friend is an even better salesman. Don't do it. Consider yourself advisedly slapped with a large haddock (a stunt-haddock of course).

:)
    Edit: Never mind, not doing it anyway.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Edit: Never mind, not doing it anyway.

Takes pearl's hand and places an ice pack on his head for the swelling.

dude, you know we only say these things because we care and want you to get the best product for the best value.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    dude, you know we only say these things because we care and want you to get the best product for the best value.

Of course I know that, you guys were right by the way, but it's not just that. There's just a few things going on that kinda makes me loose grip on reality.

But I'm sure you've noticed that.

I appreciate every single word from you pure, I really do.
  • WHAT DID THE FIVE FINGERS SAY TO THE FACE?
    shut the fuck up donny

u are who who u are

i used to treat you like a lady
    now you're my substitute teacher
  • SLAP!

I'm Rick James Bitch!
    shut the fuck up donny

u are who who u are

i used to treat you like a lady
    now you're my substitute teacher