Michael Soldano amps?

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3709330420&category=621

need some info on this. Don't think Belgian players would know if he's any good (if it doesn't have Marshall or Fender on it, it has no meaning here), so this could be a bargain, or not, since I don't have a clue who soldano is...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Uh yeah, Michael Soldano is a genius responsible for some of the best modern amps. Expensive as balls but built like tanks too.

I think the site is http://www.soldano.com

Check out the Super Lead Overdrive henceforth refered to as the SLO
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Thanks, you wouldn't happen to know anything about the specific amp I posted? It doesn't look like the ones on the site you gave and I don't see 'Soldano' anywhere on it... All it says on ebay is that it's a 100W, Celestion speaker, two channels and tubes.

Would this be a good deal? Maybe I should try and contact the seller for more details...
    Yeah that's a good deal. It'd be better for around 400 or 350 but it's a solid deal. It's a Yamaha T-100 that and the T-50's were designed by Michael Soldano.

Soldano still services the T-100's. It's a solidly built great sounding tube amp with lots of headroom and a very modern gain channel. I believe it has 2 reverbs one for clean and one for lead as well. They are great amps.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Thanks, but what I've read about now I don't think it will do itself justice in my room. It supposedly only brings out all of its tricks when turned up pretty loud, which is not gonna happen here...
    It's an extremely loud amp. the T 50 would be more of your speed but honestly if you're looking for an awesome deal in that price range see if you can't locate a Sovtek Mig 50 or Midget

MIG just bought a Sovtek. They are great tough as nails Marshall style amps with excellent tone for cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3709682683&category=10171
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    MIG just bought a Sovtek. They are great tough as nails Marshall style amps with excellent tone for cheap.

I would've bought it at twice the price... I think the Mig is the #1 amp for me, hands down, no exceptions. If anyone here is looking for a great deal, a great sound, and great reliability, the Sovtek is the way to go.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    see if you can't locate a Sovtek Mig 50 or Midget

never ever gonna find that overhere.
    They were made in Russia I'd be suprised if some weren't in Europe.

Oh well, I'm just throwing out suggestions. More than likely the lower wattage stuff between 15 and 30 is going to suit you better whatever you can find.
  • Pearlwax,, You need another road trip to New York!

We'll find you an amp. That amp is way too loud for you, like Paco says.
    Actually I'll be happy to send you one from here if you find something here.
    I'm going to Austria in July, I could bring something to you, too!:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Oh won't that be fun. Maybe this time you can get home when you want to. :D Though I don't think they have camels in Austria.
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Oh won't that be fun. Maybe this time you can get home when you want to. :D Though I don't think they have camels in Austria.

But there are squirrels!
    (Well, there's only one Squirrel!) :)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

First of I'll be needing some money, lol.

Thanks Bob, but you really don't have to go through all that trouble. I'm just a hobby player with eyes too big for his wallet and his skills, nothing more and I don't want to get to carried away on this... believe me, I get carried away enough as it is.

I'm sure I'll find something, but not before checking your opinions on it a zillion times :D

Paco, I'll keep my eyes open for a Sovtek

Do appreciate the gesture though, very much. If anyone ever gets to Belgium, do give me a yell though, I'm not passing out on that. Drinks and a tour of my city are on me
  • SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    But there are squirrels!
    (Well, there's only one Squirrel!) :)

*jumps*

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D:D