How to gift/trade tickets to someone you know? NOT TRYING to sell at all

Thread title says it all. What is the process for giving a friend of mine tickets to a show that I wouldn't then attend? I'm NOT trying to sell them or make any money. I'm talking about a show like Indy where you can only do Fan 2 Fan.

Do I just try to do F2F and coordinate with them and we just HOPE that nobody else gets them?

The only people we should try to get even with...
...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.

Comments

• LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    If they are a friend, just share your Ticketmaster account info with each other so you can access tickets. That’s the only way to do it.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Lifted said:
    If they are a friend, just share your Ticketmaster account info with each other so you can access tickets. That’s the only way to do it.
    I have heard or seen that might not work due to verifications like 2-step on the phone. I don't have a problem giving them the login, but I think the tickets are already in my Google Wallet (Android phone). I am worried that there might be a verification snag at the entrance gate. 

Thanks!

• mazminxmazminx Posts: 14
    This is all so complicated now! I know I'm living in the past, but so much simpler to queue up at a record shop, pay for a physical paper ticket - enjoy the show and keep the stub. Good luck mate - hope it works out. 
    "Saw a trapdoor in the sun..."
    Cardiff, Wales '00 -  EV - "Must have been one of those fuckin nice people" (Someone stole a PJ crew wallet on the sight seeing bus and PJ ain't been back to Wales since)
    Reading '06 
    London '07
    MKB  '14
    Rome '18
    Hyde Park '22

• steven87steven87 Posts: 1,446
    know1 said:
    Lifted said:
    I have heard or seen that might not work due to verifications like 2-step on the phone. I don't have a problem giving them the login, but I think the tickets are already in my Google Wallet (Android phone). I am worried that there might be a verification snag at the entrance gate. 

Thanks!

You shouldn’t have any issue. TM doesn’t require two-step verification to log into your account on a different phone/device. And although they won’t be able to add the tickets to their phone’s wallet (since you already added them to yours), they can simply pull up the tickets in the TM app and have them scan the barcodes at the door (which should appear a day or two before the show). 
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    steven87 said:
    know1 said:
    Lifted said:

Thanks!

You shouldn’t have any issue. TM doesn’t require two-step verification to log into your account on a different phone/device. And although they won’t be able to add the tickets to their phone’s wallet (since you already added them to yours), they can simply pull up the tickets in the TM app and have them scan the barcodes at the door (which should appear a day or two before the show). 
    Thanks. That's what I was hoping for and it's good to know. I won't be going with them, so I didn't want them to show up the day of and then not be able to get in.