as a musician

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
have you ever had a song by PJ - or any other band for that matter - where you felt like if it was you, you would have done that part differently?

If so: which songs/bands, what parts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    i once heard Creed and thought if was them, i would kill myself.
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    C'mon man...give credit where credit is due. They did put out some good tunes.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Originally posted by nailz100
    C'mon man...give credit where credit is due. They did put out some good tunes.

no, they really didnt though
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I guess everybody's entitled to their opinion.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Originally posted by Exodus
    i once heard Creed and thought if was them, i would kill myself.

not even close to what I was aiming for
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I don't ever think I can do any parts better than bands, nor do I think they should have done parts differently...but whenever I cover another band's song I like to switch up parts a little just to make the cover unique. I put up a link to a cover I did of the new version of In My Tree a couple of months ago. It was instrumental, and in the middle I did some kinda neat stuff in lieu of the echoey singing.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    ok, in gomez's "extra special guy", i'd change that bit of the song where he actually sings "extra special guy". it's terrible.

other than that, sometimes in songs that have melodic, repeating guitar lines, my head always hears the way i think it *should* go and get surprised that they play a different note. definition of insanity i think.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Originally posted by exhausted
    ok, in gomez's "extra special guy", i'd change that bit of the song where he actually sings "extra special guy". it's terrible.

I'm curious, I need to check that bit
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    he just sings it in such a whiny, high voice that it destroys the cool, jazzy flow of the rest of the song.
  • i know what you mean, i think about how i would change certain songs or take them in different directions alot, but i can't think of any specific examples right now.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.