Stevie has to be the next single, right?

2»

Comments

• Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    I’m not sure we’re living in a “singles” world any longer.
    We are. Streaming has made it a singles business again
    I don’t stream much but this is a thing after the whole album is out?
    Yep
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    Yes. People still need to be reminded. It takes thousands of hours of watching a commercial before someone buy the product
    I miss igotid88
  • ekwiptekwipt Posts: 527
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    Yep
    Not sure if they’re still doing it but for a while they were even marketing it as a digital 45/7inch
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,152
    They should totally releas Waiting For Stevie as their next single. But also include a killer b-side. A song let's say that didn't make the Dark Matter cut. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    I think Won’t Tell would make a great single,  short catchy tune.  I know I’m probably in the minority but my favorite on album.  Can’t get enough of it 
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,063
    Something Special is an obvious single choice to me. Not my favorite, but it’s a radio friendly type song
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    pjhawks said:
    I think Won’t Tell would make a great single,  short catchy tune.  I know I’m probably in the minority but my favorite on album.  Can’t get enough of it 
    I totally agree on Won't Tell!  This one would have the most widespread appeal.  It's not my favorite on the album, but as far as instances where Pearl Jam aimed for pop rock perfection and nailed it, this is a top 5 all time for them.  So catchy, so good, perfect length for radio, hooks everywhere-- in the vocals and guitar as well.  

Waiting for Stevie is also a solid choice in that it would draw a lot of attention back to a lot of people who stopped listening to PJ after the first 3 albums.  I also think that Dark Matter as a single did an excellent job of bringing people back to the band.

When I really think about it, the older I get, almost nothing grabs me on the first listen anymore.  However, the songs that grow on me are truly some of my favorites.  PJ's catalog is full of those.  A lot of my friends who were turned off by No Code think it's really good now.  Some of the best art takes a little more time to develop full appreciation.

• C-Wad84911C-Wad84911 Posts: 12
    If Pearl Jam were to release another single after Wreckage my guess would be Won’t Tell.  Rock music doesn’t get played on top 40 stations like it used to but I think it would find huge success on rock, alternative, and AAA formats.  It is incredibly catchy and destined to be a radio single.  I think it’s the most radio-friendly track since Better Man.

Waiting For Stevie is a great track but Pearl Jam made an excellent decision on releasing Dark Matter as the first single.  It’s the most successful single on the rock charts since Given to Fly.  Wreckage is continuing to climb up the charts and so far in the top 10 on the mainstream and alternative airplay charts.  Another excellent choice for a single.  

I also could see Scared of Fear being released if they decide to go for a rocker as a single.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t listened to the radio since I got Apple Music last July but it’s great to see them have success on the charts.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    pjhawks said:
    It's good...I like Got to Give a bit more but it's a good one
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    If Pearl Jam were to release another single after Wreckage my guess would be Won’t Tell.  Rock music doesn’t get played on top 40 stations like it used to but I think it would find huge success on rock, alternative, and AAA formats.  It is incredibly catchy and destined to be a radio single.  I think it’s the most radio-friendly track since Better Man.

Waiting For Stevie is a great track but Pearl Jam made an excellent decision on releasing Dark Matter as the first single.  It’s the most successful single on the rock charts since Given to Fly.  Wreckage is continuing to climb up the charts and so far in the top 10 on the mainstream and alternative airplay charts.  Another excellent choice for a single.  

I also could see Scared of Fear being released if they decide to go for a rocker as a single.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t listened to the radio since I got Apple Music last July but it’s great to see them have success on the charts.
    "Wreckage" is also at number 7 at Triple-A radio.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • C-Wad84911C-Wad84911 Posts: 12
    BF25394 said:

"Wreckage" is also at number 7 at Triple-A radio.
    That’s great also!  It will continue to climb I’m sure.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    If they follow Gigaton's singles release, and release another one, it should be coming in the next few weeks, maybe just in time for the Euro Tour.  Or they could postpone until the 3rd leg of the tour.  

Or if they follow Lightning Bolt or Backspacer, it could come out next year, or very late this year.  

If they do anything, that is. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,108
    pjhawks said:
    THIS. Pushed hard this could really blow up.
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,747
    bobasfeet said:
    pjhawks said:
    THIS. Pushed hard this could really blow up.
    Definitely!
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
    I hope it's the next single. This needs to be played on the air waves. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Wreckage is still growing on radio. Let's wait to see how far it goes? They could release 3 or 4 more singles. Especially since it will probably take 3-5 years for a new album. 
    I miss igotid88
  • I hope not- Waiting for Stevie is my least favorite of the alum.
    I hope not- Waiting for Stevie is my least favorite of the alum.