Airline guitars

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://static.marktplaza.nl/images/1/637284.jpg

Are they any good? I'm somewhat intrigued by it. Just wondering, cause the one in this pic (somewhere from the 50ies) is for sale for 380 euros, but he can't get it sold. I could be able to knock of some of the price. I know Jack White plays an Airline, but his has two pups. Don't know if I'd like a guitar with only one pup.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Airline guitars are shit I believe. Jack white plays one because as far as I can tell the guy is actually insane. I think they were the sears catalogue guitars of the day. Jack white says it has character and is very difficult to play and that gives his music a more "real" feeling or something along those lines. Maybe an airline acoustic could be nice I guess just based on age.

But yah they aren't supposed to be great guitars, not even when they were brand new. Whites guitar is made out of plastic I think.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • I really do love jack white's guitar....its looks great. Sounds good too.

You know what else looks cool? jacks fender amps...theyre red and white! not surprising but it still looks cool.
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • Yah jack white is the man. I got the dvd uner blackpool lights. It gives more evidence to my notion that he is actually insane, but is a pretty good concert.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • They're unique guitars... but not something I'd recommend getting. I'd look at a Danelectro or a Silvertone before I'd look at an Airline.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.