I could be wrong here, but this looks like bargain

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
translated from dutch: 'Fender Jazzmaster, 1968-'69 refinished in old red color, serial number 294333, has a new Warmoth Birdseye maple neck with a Fender Logo'

price: 750 euro's including hardcase.

Am I wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'd say that's a bargain, The reason it's priced that way is the new neck.

If you don't care about collectability and resale, it's a hell of a deal.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    sounds good but then i have no idea what euro's are in comparison to pounds.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    and a neck of the correct age could appear some day too.

i don't know if it's a deal but i'm sure it's a nice guitar.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    I don't give a rats ass about collectability and resale. Only problem is I don't have any money...

Warmoth necks are pretty good, right?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    pearlwax wrote:
    I don't give a rats ass about collectability and resale. Only problem is I don't have any money...

Warmoth necks are pretty good, right?

Warmoth Necks and Bodies are great.

you're talking to a guy about to drop $1500 on a bill nash. I buy mine to be played too.

as with anything old, you just have to be worried about the electronics/hardware etc and how they've aged. It's probably phenominal. The birdseye is pretty especially with a little tru-oil tint.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    It would be a good reason to sell my 85 deluxe amp, maybe even my Epi LP, but I'm not to sure about that.

I e-mailed the guy for pictures. I'll post or pm them when I get them. If it isn't sold yet.

Meh.. I'm probably not gonna buy it anyway... getting all worked up for nothing really.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    pearlwax wrote:
    Meh.. I'm probably not gonna buy it anyway... getting all worked up for nothing really.

i have that problem too.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    http://www.xe.com for all your currency conversion needs
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    750 euros...I dunno...600...sure...but not 750. I'd say 750 is about average for that guitar...even without the original neck or finish.
    Problem solved. Guy sold it yesterday.