Dublin Show

Comments

• Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 663
    The Rock said:
    TheGMan said:
    May I naively ask why people would be camping out when there are golden circle tickets for this gig? Is it to get right to the barrier even in the GC? I've GA so just curious.
    I was wondering this as well. 
    Has anyone received any info about entry? 

Hello,

Stage times have been confirmed – plan your day! 

The Event Organiser has been in touch with the times for the event on 22 June 2024:

Gates Open: 16:00 
    Murder Capital: 17:30
    Richard Ashcroft: 18:45
    Pearl Jam: 20:00

Please keep in mind that these are just a rough guideline, so they’re not set in stone and they can change at the last minute. 

Car Parking for this event is sold out. Alternative travel information can be found by visiting this page.

We hope you enjoy the event!  

Ticketmaster Fan Support
  • fiofitzfiofitz Posts: 20
    Map up on the eventz app - just about fits on a screenshot. 

• The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    The Rock said:
    TheGMan said:
    May I naively ask why people would be camping out when there are golden circle tickets for this gig? Is it to get right to the barrier even in the GC? I've GA so just curious.

Hello,

The Event Organiser has been in touch with the times for the event on 22 June 2024:

Please keep in mind that these are just a rough guideline, so they’re not set in stone and they can change at the last minute. 

Car Parking for this event is sold out. Alternative travel information can be found by visiting this page.

Ticketmaster Fan Support
    Thanks for that, I meant more about different entrances for standard GA and golden circle. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
    edited June 21
    The Rock said:
    The Rock said:
    TheGMan said:

Hello,

Ticketmaster Fan Support
    Thanks for that, I meant more about different entrances for standard GA and golden circle. 
    Its normally the same entrance-just opposite the Centra on Grange Road.
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
    Anyone at the pop-up? How is it?
    The Rock said:
    The Rock said:
    TheGMan said:

Hello,

Ticketmaster Fan Support
    Its normally the same entrance-just opposite the Centra on Grange Road.
    Perfect thanks. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    Nothing too crazy yet…

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• fiofitzfiofitz Posts: 20
    Queue from Whelans pub entrance around the corner to the venue entrance about half an hour ago - I decided I don't need a tea towel that badly! 
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the park and ride from Dundrum is sold out, but If anyone would like a ticket for the carpark and ride from Dundrum for 2 people let me know. I have access to off street parking now near the venue so could let the ticket go if someone needs it. 00447923388446
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • FroggieFroggie Posts: 235
    Looks like there is early entry for tomorrow. Just got a TM email. Have no idea how it will work?! 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Early entry confirmed although only on the southern entrance 

Hello,

Quick update about your event!

The show’s coming up soon, so the Event Organiser has been in touch and asked us to pass on the following event information:

"Hello,

Read on for important ticket information and what to expect for Pearl Jam in Dublin on June 22.

GA Pit Entry: 3:30pm
    Public Doors: 4:00pm
    The Murder Capitol: 5:45pm
    Richard Ashcroft: 6:55pm
    Pearl Jam: 8:15pm

*All times subject to change

Strictly No Queuing Allowed Ahead Of Your Allocated Entry Time

Helpful Ticket Tips to Ensure Seamless Entry at the Door

View and Save Your Ticket(s) in Advance

For the smoothest entry experience, we highly recommend getting your ticket(s) set up on your phone prior to arriving at the venue using the steps below.

1. Sign in to your Ticketmaster account through the app or your mobile browser.
    2. Click on My Events, then tap on the event to view your ticket(s).
    3. Add your ticket(s) to your mobile wallet.

iPhone: When you arrive, simply open your ticket(s) in your Apple Wallet, hold your phone near the scanner and you’re in.

Android: View your tickets in the app to automatically save them in advance and reduce the need for WiFi or cell reception upon arrival. You’ll scan your ticket(s) right from your app.

Special Instructions for General Admission (GA) Pit Ticket Holders

All GA Pit Ticket Holders will need to enter through College Road Entrance.

A note from Ten Club. The GA line is first-come, first-served. In the past, fans have used their own fan created numbering system to save a place in line. The numbering system will not be tolerated. Anyone participating in this fan created queueing system will be sent to the back of the line. It is the Ten Club’s position that those who put in the time to wait in the GA line all day should be the first in the door.

GA Pit Early Entry Rules and Etiquette

Kearnsy
    Ah OK so golden circle goes in at the college road entrance 30 mins before? Cool! 
  • Naive question : are golden circle, pit, and GA all the same thing? 
    edited June 21
    Naive question : are golden circle, pit, and GA all the same thing? 
    I think golden circle and put are the same, then everything behind that is standard GA. 

So if you got a golden circle ticket you go in at 3:30pm before the rest at 4pm. I think.

I didn't get golden circle in the 10c lottery, I got it through Ticketmaster. So I'm hoping it's the same thing. 
  • Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound Posts: 622
    edited June 21
    Why does it matter that golden circle (pit) go in first, when they’re completely separate sections to General Admission anyway?  Crowd management perhaps.  Chance at inside merch first maybe.  Sell more beer?
    Post edited by Planet of Sound on
    Why does it matter that golden circle go in first, when they’re completely separate sections anyway?  Crowd management perhaps.  Chance at inside merch first maybe.
    I think that's it, it's about crowd management. 
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,003
    Where do we you get the wristband for golden circle or is there one. You hardly have to show your phone each time you go and come back?

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • TheGManTheGMan Posts: 62
    edited June 21
    I don't understand. How can it be first come first served if you have a golden circle ticket? Is this not for a small subsection of GA fans to be able to access the pit?

Or is it new because lots of GC tickets haven't actually been sold?

If you turn up at 6.30 having paid e200+ for an original GC ticket it's surely not going to matter and you would still enter the pit?
    Post edited by TheGMan on

2010: Dublin
    2024: Dublin

2017: Cork (EV)
    First come first served for both id say
     People that want to be rail in golden circle queuing now.. the ga is separate to golden circle. It's basically everyone else bar golden circle who have a sectioned off area. 

eboweddie said:
     People that want to be rail in golden circle queuing now.. the ga is separate to golden circle. It's basically everyone else bar golden circle who have a sectioned off area. 
    Thanks. Is that not simply general admission though? Would it not say "GC Pit Entry: 3:30pm
    Public Doors: 4:00pm" if that was the case? It says:
    "GA Pit Entry: 3:30pm Public Doors: 4:00pm"

I'm probably just not getting it 😀

So it seems like the golden circle ticket holders go in via a separate entrance to the rest of the GA people. Will there actually be a barrier separating the front section? 
    Surely you can rock up at 730pm and straight into golden circle. That's my take

TheGMan said:
    eboweddie said:
    Thanks. Is that not simply general admission though? Would it not say "GC Pit Entry: 3:30pm

I think they're just being weird and referring to golden circle as 'GA Pit'.

Public doors is everyone else behind GC. 
    edited June 21
    The Rock said:
    TheGMan said:
    eboweddie said:

But why if you're entering a completely different area would you need an earlier entry time? In essence there should be less people in the GC area. And as said by others, surely you can rock up at 10pm if you've paid for a GC ticket. As in, most GC holders won't be there at 3.30pm, similar to most GA holders won't be there at 4pm.
    Post edited by TheGMan on

TheGMan said:
    The Rock said:
    TheGMan said:
    eboweddie said:

But why if you're entering a completely different area would you need an earlier entry time? In essence there should be less people in the GC area. And as said by others, surely you can rock up at 10pm if you've paid for a GC ticket. As in, most GC holders won't be there at 3.30pm, similar to most GA holders won't be there at 4pm.
    Good point, I have no answers 😂
    Then only 2 tickets are general admission and golden circle. Usually golden circle get given a wristband to go in and out to bar Jack's etc.

The Rock said:
    TheGMan said:
    The Rock said:
    TheGMan said:
    eboweddie said:

Good point, I have no answers 😂
    😀 I've GA myself so just wondering is it worth it to go down that early. I never have an interest in queuing for the rail but if a Pit band is available for the early entries then I'd wander down. 

eboweddie said:
    Then only 2 tickets are general admission and golden circle. Usually golden circle get given a wristband to go in and out to bar Jack's etc.
    Yeah that's standard alright. But surely you'd be given that band even if you turn up at 10pm*. You've paid for it.

*not recommending

• Golden circle tickets are different (and cost more), if you only have general admission you are stuck behind a 2nd barrier further back.