Options

The Greatest Pearl Jam Gig Of All Time…

CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
How ‘bout this…
Let’s just all admit it and all agree that the greatest Pearl Jam gig of all time is…
“That Concert That I Was At”.
That’ll save us all from useless arguments and endless pissing contests that are just blatant wastes of keystrokes.
I mean, I know I can’t compare my experiences about gigs with shows I didn’t personally experience. And I’m guessing your capabilities are the same as mine. We cannot experience events we did not attend, right? Experiences are subjective, based on our personal perspectives. At least, that’s been my experience.
We can share our experiences with others and be happy for them. It takes absolutely nothing away from us if they had a great time at some place we weren’t at. Why not just find joy and happiness in the joy and happiness of others?
We all love this band for various reasons. We all take away experiences that create memories we personally cherish. We can share them with others, but we should also just accept the joy of their experiences, on equal footings as ours. Their happiness does not lessen our happiness.
That’s the way I see it. I love going to the gigs and having a great time with those around me. We are sharing the experience together and taking different viewpoints, and that’s okay. 
In this fucked up reality we have to deal with, let’s just cherish the joys we feel and let others feel the same.
And eventually, it is all going to go away. Just be happy you are here… at this time, in this place. And share it with others and let them share their happiness with us

Y’all have a great time at the gigs, wherever it may be. I am sure it’ll be the greatest Pearl Jam concert you’ve experienced of All Time. 
Maybe together, we’ll cross paths in Dana Point, later this year and we can both share “The Undisputed Greatest Pearl Jam Concert Of All Of Eternity”.

peace… love… pearl Jam…
cosmo.

Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
Hail, Hail!!!

Comments

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,520
    Bravo! :clap:
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 672
    But, but, but....
    No, excellent post.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,828
    Well said, Cosmo! Hope you’re well. 🫡 🙏🏻
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,720
    I think your overall message is 100% spot on, we should be grateful that this band is so good and many of us have attended amazing shows. 

However, I always assumed that the greatest Pearl Jam gig if all time was Mansfield III and I def wasn’t there!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,474
    I know I’ve been to SOME of the greatest ones

fortunate

but there is no bad pj show, last nights set was greatest hits… friends who were there swear up & down it was fantastic

i feel
    its a state of mind

come in the right headspace, it’s all gooood after
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    I know I’ve been to SOME of the greatest ones

fortunate

but there is no bad pj show, last nights set was greatest hits… friends who were there swear up & down it was fantastic

i feel
    its a state of mind

come in the right headspace, it’s all gooood after

You are absolutely correct. We each get something different from the same object. 
    For all we know, there was a guy that met a girl and they kissed during ‘Last Kiss’ and it adds to their experience and therefore, their ranking of that show.
    We don’t know enough to make a subjective view of the concert. In this fictional situation, they will have ‘Last Kiss’ as their first dance at their wedding reception. 
    Therefore, Pearl Jam’s Bottle Rocket set was the greatest concert in the entire history of all concerts to them while me and you go, “Ugh… nope.”

Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    PJammin' said:
    Well said, Cosmo! Hope you’re well. 🫡 🙏🏻
    Dude, Whaddup?
    You going to Ohanafest?
    Me, Jazzy, Tiff, Marcia and others will be there.
    Hail, Hail!!!