Am I asking too much?

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Or am I just caught in the mean wheel of selling and buying and trying to get a good deal etcetera, etcetera...

I'm trying to sell a original Japanese made absolute mint condition Boss BF-1 Flanger (as some of you might remember). It's at my local guitarshop to be tested and stuff. so the manager looked around on the internet and said I might be well capable of getting 250 euros for it, it being vintage and mint and all. That's the price the shop manager is aiming at, and so am I when placing an ad on the net.

Now this professional guitar player (he plays in two very popular bands here in Belgium) is interested but thinks I'm asking waaaay too much. I've gotten another anonymous e-mail saying I must have fallen on my head. (duh! :D )

So I'm turning to the only crowd I can trust. Am I asking too much? I've seen one go for $258 on Ebay, seen other ask 350 euros and seen them catalogued at 249$. Yes, some people got deals and got one for $40, but I ain't stupid either.

Thoughts, my dear friends?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.fmogearshop.com/

contact Analog Tom at the above and ask him what he would give you for it. I don't think you are asking too much, people say that about everything, depending on what you want out of it, 200 and up is very good I think. Like you said, you've seen them sell for 258 on Ebay, There are Way Huge pedals that sold for 99 originally going for 350 to 3000+ on the bay. I don't think you are asking too much, but if it's not selling and you want to sell it sooner you might drop it a bit, but don't give it away.

http://www.formusiciansonly.com/wanted.html
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Maybe I will contact him, I've seen that site and I know the BF-1 Flanger is on their list. Hell, if it wasn't such a costly bitch for me to ship it to the US of A, I'd sell it to him.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    pearlwax wrote:
    Maybe I will contact him, I've seen that site and I know the BF-1 Flanger is on their list. Hell, if it wasn't such a costly bitch for me to ship it to the US of A, I'd sell it to him.

it would be worth the shipping cost to unload it if their willing to pay a good $$ for it.
  • exhausted wrote:
    it would be worth the shipping cost to unload it if their willing to pay a good $$ for it.

Or I could let them pay for shipping...

Either way, I'll send them an e-mail.
  • mk333mk333 Posts: 17
    Stick to your guns man, this is a rare, good pedal. So tell the "pro" to cough up some cash or look else where.
    laziness is our downfall
  • pearlwax wrote:
    Or am I just caught in the mean wheel of selling and buying and trying to get a good deal etcetera, etcetera...

I'm trying to sell a original Japanese made absolute mint condition Boss BF-1 Flanger (as some of you might remember). It's at my local guitarshop to be tested and stuff. so the manager looked around on the internet and said I might be well capable of getting 250 euros for it, it being vintage and mint and all. That's the price the shop manager is aiming at, and so am I when placing an ad on the net.

Now this professional guitar player (he plays in two very popular bands here in Belgium) is interested but thinks I'm asking waaaay too much. I've gotten another anonymous e-mail saying I must have fallen on my head. (duh! :D )

So I'm turning to the only crowd I can trust. Am I asking too much? I've seen one go for $258 on Ebay, seen other ask 350 euros and seen them catalogued at 249$. Yes, some people got deals and got one for $40, but I ain't stupid either.

Thoughts, my dear friends?

Why dont you keep it??

another 4-5 years and it will be worth even more.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • Cause I have no use for it? I hate the sound.

Sure, i could stock it up a couple of more years, but I'm not that type. I don't see instruments as an investment that has to pay off in the long run. And I don't really have a lot of sympathy for people who do. Nonetheless, when I sell something and I know it's value, I'd like to get my moneys worth.

Besides, I found it on my sisters attic and she let me have it. I didn't pay a dime for it.