Options

*** Los Angeles, CA 2 Fanviews Here 5.22.24 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    nicknyr15 said:
    Wondering how many DM songs will be played by the time the east coast leg shows are up. Gigaton phased out to 2-3 by the second leg, but it wasn’t as good as DM… 

Don’t see anyone complaining about Never Destination getting scratched. 
    Wasn’t there but did DOTC kill the whole vibe? I’m guessing sensed it and made that audible to bring some life back? 

At least in my section DOTC didn't kill the vibe, it was recieved pretty much as enthusiastically as the Dark Matter material in terms of the non-big hits which seemed pretty good
    There had to be a reason EV chose something that’s a crowd pleaser after it and make that switch. 
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,247
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Wondering how many DM songs will be played by the time the east coast leg shows are up. Gigaton phased out to 2-3 by the second leg, but it wasn’t as good as DM… 

Wasn’t there but did DOTC kill the whole vibe? I’m guessing sensed it and made that audible to bring some life back? 

At least in my section DOTC didn't kill the vibe, it was recieved pretty much as enthusiastically as the Dark Matter material in terms of the non-big hits which seemed pretty good
    There had to be a reason EV chose something that’s a crowd pleaser after it and make that switch. 

Whatever reason for the change, I don't know about DOTC being the reason or not however I do know it got a decent reception in section 225!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,863
    nicknyr15 said:

I liked when Eddie said that Stone would be playing bass "for the second time tonight" on "Smile," with the implied first time being "Dance of the Clairvoyants." I like seeing Stone play that distorted riff.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 208
    wow those two nights looked amazing! Can’t wait for Wrigley
  • Options
    PearlJamVixenPearlJamVixen Posts: 88
    WOW!!! What a night last night. I liked LA2 much better than LA1. When they played All Those Yesterdays I.LOST.MY.$HiT. lol I was screaming and jumping up and down ....so excited. Love, love that song and I have only heard it once before. Present Tense was also great.This show was just incredible...great set list and great energy...my 31st show and one of my now favorites! Thank you, Pearl Jam!!!!
    8/7/92, 4/12/94,10/2/96,9/15/98, 8/29/00,8/30/00,10/28/00,4/8/03,4/29/03, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/25/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/20/10, 9/7/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/25/13, 12/6/13, 4/8/16, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,732
    Big Wave > Comatose
    Hot take. I might agree with you there. Both songs are great. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I went to both nights, LA-1 and LA-2.  I'm posting this in both fanview threads. It's funny that my N2 seat was right behind my N1 seat. Technically, the sound was off-sounding on N2. Fuzzier, less bass, less punch. It wasn't the same. The crowds, both nights, were amazing. Totally pumped, not the passive crowds LA is known for which I've experiences and see others complain about. The band, both nights, was amazing, totally pumped and nailing it. Across the two nights, I got several songs I always wanted to see but never had. Like SOLAT, In my tree, All those yesterdays for example. The new album stuff was great!
    I am so done with Baba and RITFW. Especially the latter. The band and guests plus the front 1/4th of the floor looked like they were having fun. For me, up the side on Stone's side, it was more like being a parent watching kids and their friends at a backyard birthday party on a portable jumper/bouncer. They could have fit 3 songs in that slot. Like Rats, Got to give and In hiding. Aside the RITFW comment, really well done and a wonderful two nights.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    I had a lil edible non thc 😉 micro or slightly more for last night…. It really enhanced things, was on the rail and the after glow today is amazing

i I knew DOTC was coming, smoke machine was all in my face 🤣🤣 it rocked for me, thought I was in Ibiza or some other planet for a minute

The fungi really is amazing, great mindset if taken responsibly 

missed Ed pouring wine by a few people

got a bacon wrapped dog outside, some bootleg stuff

sad my four show run is over, but September will be here before you know it… enjoy Napa & Seattle, only if time & money were infinite 😬

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    Not many people like Never Destination, so no love lost.
    But I'd take Never Destination a la Ohana Encore day 1, all day every day any time- just me, but pretty sure  I'm not the only one...
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    I had a lil edible non thc 😉 micro or slightly more for last night…. It really enhanced things, was on the rail and the after glow today is amazing

i I knew DOTC was coming, smoke machine was all in my face 🤣🤣 it rocked for me, thought I was in Ibiza or some other planet for a minute

sad my four show run is over, but September will be here before you know it… enjoy Napa & Seattle, only if time & money were infinite 😬

I'm a total straight-edge, hardcore Just Say No to Drugs guy, and even I would wager that the bacon-wrapped hot dog is probably the most dangerous thing you ingested last night. 
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I'm a total straight-edge, hardcore Just Say No to Drugs guy, and even I would wager that the bacon-wrapped hot dog is probably the most dangerous thing you ingested last night. 
    🤣🤣🤣 oh man, I’ve heard for years I needed to try one. They are $10 now, I remember 2013 shows like $2-4 I think… everything is way up

• Options
    Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 125
    CROJAM95 said:

• Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 689
    Robbert said:
    Has that ever been done, scratching the 1st song?

Mountain View, 2000. Of The Girl was scratched for Release. 
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

🤣🤣🤣 oh man, I’ve heard for years I needed to try one. They are $10 now, I remember 2013 shows like $2-4 I think… everything is way up

Wow, ten bucks! I reluctantly paid three bucks for a can of Coke after Night 1 and passed on paying five bucks for a Gatorade after Night 2 (which was a good move as I stopped at 7-Eleven and got a Big Gulp and two cookies for two bucks total).

That three bucks is the only money I've spent "at" any of the eight shows I've attended (besides the money for the tickets, of course). Well, I also paid five bucks to park in downtown Sacramento, but I paid a total of zero dollars to park in Vegas (at the Oyo across the street from MGM) and Inglewood (on the street about ten minutes' walk from the Forum). It will all be detailed in my forthcoming book, "Pearl Jam on 185 Dollars a Day."
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Something like that 🤣🤣

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,496
    CROJAM95 said:

Live on 2024 Legs
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,626
    Leg less on 24 shrooms
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,235
    Ugh. Loooovve hate loveee yeah a YeAh yeAh.aaaaYYyEaHh..Love hate loveeeeaaaahhhaaa
  • Options
    MS4677MS4677 Posts: 62
    edited May 24
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    BF25394 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Wow, ten bucks! I reluctantly paid three bucks for a can of Coke after Night 1 and passed on paying five bucks for a Gatorade after Night 2 (which was a good move as I stopped at 7-Eleven and got a Big Gulp and two cookies for two bucks total).

That three bucks is the only money I've spent "at" any of the eight shows I've attended (besides the money for the tickets, of course). Well, I also paid five bucks to park in downtown Sacramento, but I paid a total of zero dollars to park in Vegas (at the Oyo across the street from MGM) and Inglewood (on the street about ten minutes' walk from the Forum). It will all be detailed in my forthcoming book, "Pearl Jam on 185 Dollars a 
    Post edited by MS4677 on
  • Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 234
    Such a great show and we were fortunate to make it for both LA shows.  I posted on N1 already and not to compare the two but it's hard not to LOL...I loved both shows as usual, and they were very different for us for a few reasons.  We had our 23 year old son at this one, so that alone made it special. Unfortunately Ed and the boys didn't do SOMETHING SPECIAL N2, which would've been nice for my wife with our son there.  We did get WON'T TELL that we enjoyed, so that leaves just GOT TO GIVE as the only DM song not played in LA.  Sadly didn't get UPPER HAND N2 that should be played every show.  UH is the best song on DM by far.  

The show started off so strangely with LONG ROAD interrupted by an EV story, and then come to find out it was an audible from FOOTSTEPS.  WTF...that sucked.  They made up for it with awesome versions of NOTHINGMAN into PRESENT TENSE (one of my all time favs both studio and live).  Then ripping into GO was so fun!   As a die hard fan of their entire catalogue, I enjoyed hearing ALL THOSE YESTERDAYS, MFC, COMATOSE AND DOTC (Gigaton was not well represented in LA).  

McCready was again totally on top of his game with a stretch that was nuts for solos from EVEN FLOW TO DM TO CORDUROY AND BLACK a few songs later.  Holy cow Mike...you were on fire!

Now the post show depression sets in as we don't see them again until Ohana late September, but man oh man am I grateful we powered through back to back shows.  My wife is such a trooper (and she's a die hard too don't get me wrong).  I just don't know where these guys find this kind of energy!  

Cheers until next time and KO RITFW!!!
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 550
    Took a few days to let it sink in since my 4 show run is done until Ohana -

another fantastic show with another fantastic crowd!

emotional long road to start set the tone followed up by the entire crowd singing nothingman, an awesome present tense which is one of my favorites ever then tried to blow the roof off with Go!

the Yield stretch from untitled - mfc - ATY was my favorite portion of the show. As for dark matter I can never get enough Stevie so glad to get it again. 

In terms of crowd highlight - Jeremy got everyone going. Will always enjoy it no matter how many times I see it. And despite seeing RITFW many times, this was an incredible version with watt, chad and DSD on stage 

now for things I’d tweak, comatose was a fun deep cut but not one of my favorites and I don’t think DOTC belongs in the encore. The crowd was singing along to petty and it couldve gone next level if they dropped in Deep, Animal or another song like that. 

Which leads me to my next point of how I just think at this stage of the bands career there is a great divide between casual fans who want the hits and the hardcore fans who want the deep cuts and that was very present especially when seeing how everyone reacted during Comatose/DOTC and mfc to an extent. We’ll probably never get a Vic Theatre 10C only show again but with the band being so popular to the casual fan it would alleviate a lot of this.

if I had to rank the 4 shows I just saw I’d have Vegas 1 in the top spot by a wide margin, then LA 1 by the smallest of margins over LA2 then Vegas 2 last. Real great crowds and the new songs are just so damn good. Cant wait for Dana Point weekend 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    Can’t wait to download tomorrow… Long Road was very emotional, Ed had a special bond with his uncle…. I try & be cool Uncle also, teach bought music/sports/art… all they do is hit me with Girl Scout cookie requests 
  • Options
    Anyone else listen to boot? Is it me or did they cut out some of Ed’s banter (politics) between wreckage & untitled?

thought he made some comments 
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,506
    I’m be been listening to all the shows in order with no
    skips and just made it through this one. So far hands down the best of the tour 
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,247
    I’m be been listening to all the shows in order with no
    skips and just made it through this one. So far hands down the best of the tour 
    It is fantastic, and I was listening to the boot yesterday to relive the experience. I loved the attention to Yeild this show in particular! Never heard Untitled/MFC live before - even with them not quite locked into the tempo at the start it kicked ass