Thoughts on the Roland Cube-15 combo?

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I missed out on both Champs - hell, I've got one anyway - but there are some opportunities for some used Roland Cube-15 combos. Interesting for 70 euros? 6 months old...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's a 15 watt amp built around CMOS circuitry. It's fun for a practice amp.

It might be a good deal depending on the price.

I really like those little voxes and one or two of the wee oranges
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Price would be 70 euros for a 6 months old amp... (new 110-135 euros) I've been looking out for those small oranges, but like I thought: nothing. I remember mig advising me to get a microcube. This is not quite the same, but anyway...
    pearlwax wrote:
    Price would be 70 euros for a 6 months old amp... (new 110-135 euros) I've been looking out for those small oranges, but like I thought: nothing. I remember mig advising me to get a microcube. This is not quite the same, but anyway...

70 is not bad, but do you really need it?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I wanna sell my 60 watt Fender Deluxe 85, cause I never play it anymore, but than I have no back up for my little champ.

So no, basically I don't.
    pearlwax wrote:
    I wanna sell my 60 watt Fender Deluxe 85, cause I never play it anymore, but than I have no back up for my little champ.

So no, basically I don't.

oh ok. cool, why not try and sell the 85 and then just continue to shop with that Idea in mind until something blows you away?
  • hm... yeah, maybe. I'll see. I'll try and sell the deluxe first.
    pearlwax wrote:
    hm... yeah, maybe. I'll see. I'll try and sell the deluxe first.

Make sure you market the 85 as an amp used by Johnny Greenwood, you'll attract more attention that way.

I say hold out for a silverface champ or something like that for the right price.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Make sure you market the 85 as an amp used by Johnny Greenwood, you'll attract more attention that way.

I say hold out for a silverface champ or something like that for the right price.

Was gonna do that :D I bought it for 250, but cleaned it up and am gonna try and sell it for 300.
    pearlwax wrote:
    Was gonna do that :D I bought it for 250, but cleaned it up and am gonna try and sell it for 300.

at that price you might find a princeton or a pro jr.