Somebody give me good reason NOT to buy this

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
except my chronical lack of money, cause I don't even really take that into account anymore...

http://muziek.2dehands.be/markt/muz_instr/elektrische-gitaar/12150999-duesenberg-starplayer-special-2005.html

God, she's beautiful, brand new and decent. Good enough price as well. Help me restrain!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• How much? And what's that make I don't think I've heard of it? Is it Belgian or something? But anyway I can think of no reason, except people might get jealous when they see and hear it. Go for it!
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
  • 650 euros (might be able to chip some of), they normally go for 800 euros or 600£. It's a German brand. Solid guitars.

here's some info:
    http://www.tradmusic.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Duesenberg_229.html
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    wow, beautiful color doozy. I can't think of any reason not to buy it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • pearlwax wrote:
    650 euros (might be able to chip some of), they normally go for 800 euros or 600£. It's a German brand. Solid guitars.

here's some info:
    http://www.tradmusic.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Duesenberg_229.html

Wow. Get this one: Duesenberg Starplayer Special
    or: Duesenberg Starplayer TV

They've got some really nice guitars. My dad just bought a wee Hofner guitar recently for a hundred quid and it's really nice. They're German aren't they?
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    wow, beautiful color doozy. I can't think of any reason not to buy it.

You're not helping! :D

Seriously, I can't do it. I still have my other Tele and BF-1 Flanger in the guitarshop wiating to be sold and 'pay of' my new Tele. I'd feel obliged to sell that new tele and that's not exactly what I want to do now.

Thoug h I might be getting a new and better paying job soon - maybe, hopefully - and then I need to celebrate, right?
  • Glaswegian wrote:
    Wow. Get this one: Duesenberg Starplayer Special
    or: Duesenberg Starplayer TV

They've got some really nice guitars. My dad just bought a wee Hofner guitar recently for a hundred quid and it's really nice. They're German aren't they?

Yep. Nice jazz guitars. The Kills play cool electric ones from the sixties.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    my only reason is that its German...

Germany is good at death, beer and making cars..... when was the last time you got excited by a new and emerging band from Germany and their revolutionary sound ;)

to summise

Germany = good at killing
    Germany = bad at rock*

unless rock is used to kill or maim in which case somebody hit David Hasslehoff
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • i really dig the headstock. i would'n give monkeys if it made in peru as long as it was a deal and a solid guitar. if its within your budget and you like it, make a move on it. shame you cant test drive it eh. looks pretty swift in the blue colour.

personally i wouldnt trust shipping with guitars man, if it gets damaged you'll do your friggin nuts, or bust someones lip.

having said that it looks very cool more the mere Euros asking price

the only reason you shouldnt i suppose is transporting it long distances
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • So I totally resisted the Duesenberg, now they're throwing this in my face!

http://muziek.2dehands.be/markt/muz_instr/elektrische-gitaar/12196430-gibson-lp-faded-tv-yellow.html

It has P90's! And a sweet yellow colour...

Bastards!!
  • isnt a Duesenberg what Mike has used this 05 tour?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    They're cool guitars. If I had some extra cash laying around, I might be tempted to find out what they're all about :)