What can be said for American Deluxe Telecasters?

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I saw one in the window when I went window shopping (on a Sunday, so it was definitly closed) in my hometown's guitar shop Bruno. He had this amazing Tele: sunburst, maple neck and the white line edge around the body, which makes me asume it's an American deluxe. Damn' that guitar was so sweet, it's been haunting me ever since. I didn't get to play it yet though.

I like my standard tele, but it's a rosewood neck and pretty thin. I used to have a mexican tele with a big maple neck which I loved... and then it got stolen. A while back I played some guys tele with big maple neck and felt really good.

Anyway, went to a show last Thursday and Thomas Dybdahl (check this Norwegian guy out, seriously!) had this amazing vintage white tele with maple neck going through a Vox AC-30. At one point, when he broke a string, he switched to the type I described above, only with a black pickguard. It was sweet...

So anyway, I'm considering selling my standard tele and my epi LP with Gibson pups and try and buy this beauty. Not that I could afford a new one even with the sale and this is probably just a little fling thing, but what can be said for those guitars?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments