2024 Bootleg Recordings

Has anyone downloaded the Portland show yet? I did this morning...and it's borderline unlistenable. The band's mix is awesome, but between every song so far, the left channel picks up a shrieking female that makes my ears bleed. At one point (I think it's between "Present Tense" and "Given To Fly"), you can hear her scream "I love you Eddie Vedder!" at the top of her lungs. I'm listening through speakers...and can't imagine how it would sound using earphones. I'm currently nine songs in ("Daughter") and about to hang it up.

I'm unsure about the Vancouver boots, but this is the first time I've ever heard an audience member's yelling being so pronounced on a bootleg. If the recording was from a mic an audience member sneaked in, I would understand it picking up screaming/yelling in the surrounding area, but I just paid $18 for a professionally mixed bootleg. Or so I thought.

If/when anyone downloads the P-Town show, please let me know if you agree or if I'm simply turning into a "Get Off My Lawn" crusty old man.
07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
07/22/2006 - The Gorge
04/26/2016 - Lexington
08/08/2018 - Seattle
08/10/2018 - Seattle
08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
04/02/2020 - Nashville
09/16/2022 - Nashville

Comments

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    Someone mentioned this in another thread. I heard it a little in the Sirius broadcast last night, but it didn't sound too bad in the car. 

I'd complain if I paid money. They can absolutely remaster using other mics if necessary. 
  • bb4packersbb4packers Posts: 190
    I was just listening on airpods while walking my dog (so not a great test) and just made it through Wreckage but I think Portland sounds similar to the Vancouver shows in quality.  You can clearly hear her yell "I love you Eddie Vedder" but my reaction was not this is a bad mix but rather I hope to hell I am not sitting next to her tonight in Vegas. But it is pretty unusual to hear someone yell something so clearly.  As you mentioned it was sort of like she was sitting next to the taper back in the day. 
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,833
    I listened to Vancouver on headphones while mowing the lawn and it sounded pretty great. In my car, which has a relatively nice Harmon kardon premium sound system...it sounds like it was recorded in a tunnel. I still think the 2016 bootlegs were the best sounding of any year.
  • marumarukomarumaruko Posts: 212
    Haha I was hoping her vocal chords tore throughout the show, but they didn't. In the end I got used to it and it's not that bad anymore. I mean it's a live recording. It's good to hear the people, although her screaming is just a bit too pronounced. 
  • NM70698NM70698 Posts: 76
    My impression of the Portland recording was vocals front and center, drums and everything else kind of blended together.  Wish I heard more separation. The yelling lady didn’t bother me much.  The official audio is still better than the YouTube vids I’d been watching. 
  • NM70698NM70698 Posts: 76
    I also agree the headphone listening is much better than in my car.