Should I try and trade the Epi LP for this

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://muziek.2dehands.be/markt/muz_access/gitaarversterker/11410763-classic-30.html

The guy wants to sell or trade for a decent Epi. What can be said for this amp? Doesn't Stone have one?

I didn't get the Orange AD5, but it did make me wonder about other tube amps that aren't 'too loud'.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    stone plays a delta blues which is very similar.

probably a pretty good trade. maybe not the quitest amp though. it would have a master volume i assume so that would help.
  • I have a Delta Blues which is the exact same circuitry as the Classic 30 (except the Delta has built-in tremelo)

I really love my amp...great tone for the price. I imagine it would be even better with a speaker swap...but it's definitely not a necessity.

The only downfall of my amp is that the tubes rattle a bit...that can be taken care of for about 20 bucks on ebay though, so no big deal really.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • exhausted wrote:
    maybe not the quitest amp though. it would have a master volume i assume so that would help.

Yeah, I kinda figured that out after I posted it :)