Options

Be Mighty... Be Humble...

MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 477
edited May 16 in The Porch
Two things regarding this Waiting For Stevie interlude.

1) Hopefully the band extends this into a longer version, and we get it released as a future b-side or on Lost Dogs

2) This one I need some clarification on, but I'm hearing different lyrics than what is currently widely published.

I consistently hear "Be Mighty...  By Humble... Be Mighty Confident".

I listened on Spotify HQ and also verified this on the YouTube version.  Many are saying that the third phrase is "Be Mighty Humble", but I'm not hearing that.

Can someone check the Spotify HQ or YouTube version and let me know what you hear?
Or is there a version of this where you can clearly hear the third phrase as "Be Mighty Humble"?
Post edited by MikeDigs on

Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,304

• Options
    edited May 16

These are the lyrics that I'm seeing everywhere.  But my point in the original post is that I'm hearing something different than these lyrics that are published on most lyric sites.  And I was asking what do others actually hear, specifically on Spotify HQ or YouTube.  Or to share which version the "Be Mighty Humble" part sounds the most clear.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,877
    I hear Be Mighty, be humble, be mighty humble.  The lyrics say whatever the background mumbles are.  Is this considered a separate song like Master Slave?  They cut it off the song on PJ radio today.
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,707

I shouldn’t say anything because he was a major part of the band putting out a killer album, and I know it’s in alphabetical order… but it’s weird seeing Watt’s name first. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    edited May 16
    Listening at full volume on headphones.  I clearly hear "Be Mighty Confident".  Not sure how people are hearing "Be Mighty Humble".  It for sure is a 3 syllable word that he says... "con-fi-dent".  Where "hum-ble" is only 2 syllables.

I can perhaps make out a background vocal of "humble" being said while "confident" is spoken.  Almost is if there is a layering of both words.  But even still, if they are layered, you can still hear the "-fi-dent" due to the extra syllables.

^-- On Spotify HQ with headphones.  Does anyone know a version that has a clear "Be Mighty Humble" without the word "Confident" being spoken??

EDIT:  The more I listen, the more I hear the layering of words "humble" and "confident'.  I think this is intentional.  The apps are only picking up the word "humble".  But it's likely meant to be both words layered on top of each other.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,938
    MikeDigs said:
    Listening at full volume on headphones.  I clearly hear "Be Mighty Confident".  Not sure how people are hearing "Be Mighty Humble".  It for sure is a 3 syllable word that he says... "con-fi-dent".  Where "hum-ble" is only 2 syllables.

I can perhaps make out a background vocal of "humble" being said while "confident" is spoken.  Almost is if there is a layering of both words.  But even still, if they are layered, you can still hear the "-fi-dent" due to the extra syllables.

^-- On Spotify HQ with headphones.  Does anyone know a version that has a clear "Be Mighty Humble" without the word "Confident" being spoken??

EDIT:  The more I listen, the more I hear the layering of words "humble" and "confident'.  I think this is intentional.  The apps are only picking up the word "humble".  But it's likely meant to be both words layered on top of each other.
    I just listened multiple times trying to hear "confident" but I cannot.  Sounds exactly like "humble" to me.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    LBCeddieLBCeddie Posts: 112
    MikeDigs said:

I just listened multiple times trying to hear "confident" but I cannot.  Sounds exactly like "humble" to me.  
    Same. No idea where he is hearing confident. It is clear as day to me he says humble. 
  • Options
    Fair enough.  Thank you for confirming that my mind is play tricks on me when I listen to Spotify on my headphones.  Now that #2 from the original post is cleared up (mostly), all that remains is hope that we get an extended version of this cool interlude.