Options

I Recorded a Song!

Hi all,  

If you’re like me, you’ve been in a Dark Matter stupor for weeks now. The only thing to take me out of it was going into a legit recording studio for the first time ever on Monday. I’ve recorded some of my songs before, but never to this extent and it was exhilarating to say the least. I walked out of the studio with a rough mix of a song and it sounds fantastic. 

I’m 41 years old and have spent my entire life listening to and playing music, writing songs, but never had the courage to take a leap and do it proper, but over the summer that changed and I decided to stop wasting time not doing the things that I love the most, so here we are. I have some more sessions planned and hope to release an EP later this year/early next. If you’re interested, give my music page @jacksonwarnermusic a follow on Instagram to stay up to date. If you like Petty/Springsteen/Wilco/Dawes and obviously Pearl Jam you might get the idea of what I kind of sound like. Cheers, everyone!

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    AWESOME!! I love the creative process being what one needs first and foremost before giving it out for others to have. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 225
    AWESOME!! I love the creative process being what one needs first and foremost before giving it out for others to have. 
    For sure, I've found that I'm a better husband and father if I'm making the time for myself as well to be creative.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    For sure, I've found that I'm a better husband and father if I'm making the time for myself as well to be creative.
    Agreed on all fronts! I have always wanted to try recording in a studio, but money and courage have been in short supply. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Agreed on all fronts! I have always wanted to try recording in a studio, but money and courage have been in short supply. 
    I hear that for sure. I spent my entire life putting it off but finally hit the age where I don't care so much and decided to just go for it, any amount of joy I get back from it is worth it and I'm now old enough to handle the rejection a lot better as well. As far as the money goes, it's definitely not a cheap thing to do in many cases, but I framed it as an investment in myself and that made it a lot easier to just go for.
  • Options
    TahoeJeffTahoeJeff Seattle Posts: 22
    Congratulations! It’s a great feeling. I love bringing something that was once only audible in my head, into existence so that other people can hear it.
  • Options
    TahoeJeff said:
    Congratulations! It’s a great feeling. I love bringing something that was once only audible in my head, into existence so that other people can hear it.
    Thanks! It’s a pretty amazing thing. Recorded another one this week. It’s such a great experience.