Options

Need Ride From Boston

magikevmagikev Posts: 296
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I'm thinking about flying from California with a friend to catch the Mansfield shows, but I don't know how to get from Boston to Mansfield and back without paying TONS of money. Is there anybody that could give me a hand? Or at least guide me in the right direction (subways, etc.)?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    deek74deek74 Posts: 111
    There is a train that will drop you off in mansfield center. You can take a cab from the station to comcast center. The only problem you will run into is if you need to get back to boston that night. There is no chance of you catching the train back to boston that night. There are a bunch of hotels in mansfield.
    1996 Randals Island NY, Hartford 1998 Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2000 Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2003 Mansfield I, Mansfield III 2004 Boston I, Boston II 2006 Boston I, Boston II 2008 Hartford, Boston I, Boston II, Eddie Vedder Boston II 2009 Philly III 2010 Boston 2011 Eddie Vedder Providence, Eddie Vedder Boston 2011 PJ20 I, PJ20 II 2013 Worcester I, Worcester II
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Typical Bostonian response. Totally worthless advice & also pessimistic.

Honestly what I would do is book a hotel in Mansfield, like the Red Roof Inn- there's also a Holiday Inn (I think) which is nice, and I know for sure the Holiday Inn runs a shuttle to the venue.

Yes, there is a train that runs from Boston to Mansfield, but since the trains don't actually leave from Logan Airport, you'll need to get from there to South Station. Your best bet as an out of towner is to call a van like the Zebra Shuttle, it's about 45 mins down to Mansfield.

Your bestest bet of all though is to fly into Providence if you can. That's closer & easier.

I'm happy to help if I can, PM me if you need more info.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."