Options

Tom Brady Roast on Netflix

This deserves its own thread.

I finally watched this over the weekend.  It was pretty funny.  I enjoyed the jokes.  I have seen some blowback about the Aaron Hernandez jokes. Meh.  It's a roast.  It's all on the table.

I wonder if Tom was really angry about the handjob joke?  Seemed to be the only time he was flustered.

Anyone?

./The crypto joe about Gronk was hysterical and the "Hell Gnaw" bit.  Hart saying if Sam Jay didn't have a black dildo he'd never forgive her.  That one really cracked me up.

Comments

• Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 558
    I thought it was pretty weak, but I am not a Kevin Hart fan to begin with. Nikki Glaser did the best job.
    I read that Brady got 25 million to do it. If true that is crazy 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,766
    It was pretty funny.  Bledsoe and Edelman were both pretty damn good for not being actual comedians.  Nikki Glaser and Tony Hinchcliffe were probably the 2 best comedians.  And what the hell was with Ben Affleck??  That was strange.  Gronk really took a beating.  I just don't know why the hell Brady wanted to do it???  Especially coming off a divorce....the karate instructor jokes were just brutal for him.
  • Options
    EL91640EL91640 Posts: 91
    I thought it was great as well. I will say Kevin Hart was annoying and just too over the top. Nikki Glaser's roast was flawless. 

As far as the Robert Kraft comment, I do think Tom was mad. I read something that Robert Kraft was not a confirmed guest and that his massage parlor incident was supposed to be off the table. Other than that and jokes about Tom's kids it sounds like anything else was fair game. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,153
    saw a headline blurb where he was exec producer of the fucking thing. wtf? also, I started to watch, BUT,  KH is overrated imo. overplayed and overexposed(looking at you Chase) and I am not wasting what , 3 hours, on either of those 2.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947
    Nikki Glaser is great at roasts, terrible at stand up. so odd to me. Jeff Ross said that Tom telling him to stop the massage jokes was part of the show, and Robert Kraft loved it. Who knows what's really true, though. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,165
    I didn't think I would last the 3 hours but it was entertaining.  Hart was good, he cracked me up w "Fuck you Tom!" lol.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,261
    I didn't think I would last the 3 hours but it was entertaining.  Hart was good, he cracked me up w "Fuck you Tom!" lol.
    Kevin Hart should have came out in a Nick Foles jersey.   Although I suspect Tom nixed any mentions of Nick Foles.   Tom still bitter. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,114
    Nikki Glaser is great at roasts, terrible at stand up. so odd to me. Jeff Ross said that Tom telling him to stop the massage jokes was part of the show, and Robert Kraft loved it. Who knows what's really true, though. 
    I watched some of it last night (just the Jeff Ross and Nikki Glaser parts). Favorite was Nikki Glaser making fun of Gronk actually :lol:
    thats what she said gifs  WiffleGif

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly