My new baby!!

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
a beautiful, absolutely stunning 1978, made in USA, mahony Guild D25 + case and candy

specs:
- solid mahony back and sides (god, that color is warm)
- solid spruce top
- double pickguard (pretty damn rare to find)

plus a Dean Markley Pro Mag grand Humbucking acoustic pick-up

This guitar has lived, but is in awesome condition. It had a crack in the neck once but that is beautifully fixed and painted and gives no problems playing whatsoever. The action is awesome, the frets are like new. The ivory nut is not original, as are those thingies at the sadle that hold down the strings (what's it called?). This baby rings and has some bluesy balls as well! :D

Now the good part: the guy I traded happens to be the sales & marketing responsable for Elixir strings for the Benelux. So he gave me some extra candy: another set of strings, a pic and key chain and a guitar multi-tool, all from Elixir of course. I have no clue to whether or not Elexir is a fine brand, but hey, I'm definitly not complaining.

He also teaches guitar maintenance workshops and has invited me to join them. If I need a set-up or anything I can also give him a call, he said. Great! Looking at the Guild, he knows what he's doing. He didn't even care about the wiring and pots problem in the strat, cause he has some vintage pups, pickguard, pots and wiring he wants to install anyway.

In short: best trade of my life and a sweet deal. Here are some pics (the pics really mess with the color, it's full mahony, burgundy colour):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/pearlwax/IMG_2453.jpg

better pic I got from the guy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/pearlwax/IMAG0035.jpg

my two babies:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/pearlwax/IMG_2448.jpg

As of now, I'm officially stepping away from the buyers and sellers and traders market. I'm settled. These are for life.

;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I have a bit of a hankering that thing sounds beautiful. :)
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Let's just say it sounds as beautiful as it looks :)
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Glad you're happy with it, that is one strange looking scratchplate, lol. But hey as long as it sounds great thats all that counts.

:D
  • what a beautiful guitar....
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    P DUBS AWESOME!!!!!

That is a fantastic guitar especially as they age. I have some friends with guilds of the same vintage that just sound fantastic so I know what you mean.

Elixer strings are very good. I use them and DR on my Acoustic depending on my mood.

YOu are going to love that thing. Congrats.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    what a beautiful guitar....

I know! The pics sorta mess up the colour though. It's very burgundy.

And that double scratchplate is actually pretty rare. But most importantly: it plays like butter and has a very sweet sound. Perfect for bluegrass and flatpicking. Perfect for strumming as well.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    P DUBS AWESOME!!!!!

That is a fantastic guitar especially as they age. I have some friends with guilds of the same vintage that just sound fantastic so I know what you mean.

Elixer strings are very good. I use them and DR on my Acoustic depending on my mood.

YOu are going to love that thing. Congrats.

PACO!! Where you been! Haven't seen you much round here lately.

Sweet deal, ain't it? I love it already!