What other intstrument would you like to play?

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Me, the trumpet :) like a true jazzcat.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Sax for the same reason. Also the organ
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Piano.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Sax would be my second, piano third.

Yeah, as you can tell, I've been hanging out at a jazzfestival in town. I saw John Zorn (Acoustic Masada), Wayne Shorter, Mariza (fado) and Us3 in the last couple of days. Absolutely brilliant stuff.
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Harmonica.

That's kinda small though so I would have to say Piano.....
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    the piano the guitar the drumset (im working on that one) but mostly that and the ocarina
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • I just want to learn the guitar. I started playing about a month ago and its a little strange. I've been playing sax and trumpet for about 15 years. Its weird to picking up an instrument and not knowing what I'm doing.
    Show me potato salald!!!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Drums...but only if I could be as good as Matt Cameron :p
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    drums.

i can kinda fake it on guitar, bass and keys so it would be nice to be able to play drums and round things out.

to be able to have a sense of how to create interesting beats etc. for both live drums and programming. that would be nice.
  • ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    Kazoo!!!!!!!... There aren't enough Kazoos in rock music...
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    I just want to learn the guitar. I started playing about a month ago and its a little strange. I've been playing sax and trumpet for about 15 years. Its weird to picking up an instrument and not knowing what I'm doing.

I've heard the trumpet is really hard to learn. Is it?

Harmonica would be cool too.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I have two side instruments I don't really have time to practice...electric bass and viola da gamba. :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I'm a bit of a multi-instrumentalist, but the one thing I can't get a hold of and would like to, is a harmonica.

I just plain suck at it.
  • Sitar for obvious reasons.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    The button accordeon.
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Pedal Steel... sweet stuff
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I play trombone, guitar and dulcimer, I dabble at piano, banjo, and mandolin.

I'd like to be able to play harmonica, organ, drums and whatever else I pick up
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Just bought my son drums on Saturday, so I guess I'll be learning those next. Want to learn piano though.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    Piano, Trumpet, Madaline, get better at the Uke, Sitar, Drums, Banjo, Dulcimer well pretty much any instrument. I play guitar and the Uke.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I play trombone, guitar and dulcimer, I dabble at piano, banjo, and mandolin.

I'd like to be able to play harmonica, organ, drums and whatever else I pick up

I rocked the t-bone for about 4 years in highschool. Lots of intensive training, but I don't really touch it much anymore.

Did piano for about 10 years, but stopped that as soon as I took up guitar.

Dabbled in drums for about a year and a half, and got good enough to be a drummer for one cover band. The main thing about that is, I know how to program drums for some of my music.
  • pearlwax wrote:
    I've heard the trumpet is really hard to learn. Is it?

It's not too bad. It just takes practice like everything else. Being able to play jazz music is awesome.

I've played trumpet on and off for the last 16 years or so (more off than on, lately, though). I can play French Horn, too.

I would love to learn the violin (which I have attempted, but it is very difficult)...

And drums.

And guitar.

(did I have to choose just one?) :)
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~