Info on some pedals

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Remember the Boss BF-1 Flanger I am selling? I have a guy who's willing to do a trade for one of these pedals. Thing is, I only have a Shannon OD and know absolutely nothing - and I do mean nothing - about other pedals. Not even what they do. :o

So this is what he has up for sale:

Maxon Phaser (PT999), vintage Morley Distortion, vintage EH Power Booster, Boss Reverb Box.

any info on these would be very much appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Well, from that lot I'd be inclined to go for the Maxon Phaser. Their stuff is great but given that you're getting rid of your flanger, you probably don't need a phaser. It's a similar kind of effect. Different, much more useful, but similar. Other than that, it would depend on exactly what the Boss Reverb "box" was.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    thanks, anyone else?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The phase tone is a fun pedal, and it'd be fun to have if you do want to trade, that might be good. But it's really not all that even.

Maybe the Power Booster is cool I dunno. But you have nothing in the BF-1 as well. See if you can get him to trade you the PT999 and the Power Booster for the BF-1 if you like them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro-Harmonix

I bet it's probably this one. The LPB-1. The LPB-2 is pretty fair too. I think the BF-1's the last time we looked were going in the 200 dollar range too right?

I think I'd see if he would trade you the Phase tone and the LPB-1. If not the LPB-1 is most equatable and useable if it works. The PT999 is about a $130 pedal.

http://www.modezero.com/boss-bf1.htm - BF1 for reference.

You know what, I just found an LPB -1 for 89 bucks. the Last BF-1 I found was $150

Ok, so the PT999 is probably a good trade if you want to do that, BF-1 is probably from 1979 and is a fairly famous flanger, but if you're not using it...go ahead and make the trade for phase It could be fun.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Thanks Pac.

Right now I've dropped my price for the BF-1 to €150 ($190), cause that is the highest offer I've got on it so far. I'd still prefer to just sell it, so I'm hoping he'll go for that.

I sorta know what the LPB does, but don't really understand what a phaser does. :o I only use - and have only ever used - an OD, remember.

And keep in mind I only play a Fender Tele, so no humbuckers for me.
    pearlwax wrote:
    Thanks Pac.

Right now I've dropped my price for the BF-1 to €150 ($190), cause that is the highest offer I've got on it so far. I'd still prefer to just sell it, so I'm hoping he'll go for that.

I sorta know what the LPB does, but don't really understand what a phaser does. :o I only use - and have only ever used - an OD, remember.

Listen to the beginning of Given to Fly. That's a phaser.

Lenny Kravitz Are you gonna go my way has a good clip of what a flanger does. (the beginning of the solo in the middle, jet plane sound) or there are some clips above.

If you go to Godlykes webside maybe maxon.com I think, there's a few clips of the PT999 (essentially a much cleaner better sounding version of the Phase 90)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Aha, thanks. Actually, I want a 'dirt' and a 'soap' pedal like Ed has :D (yeah, see my other thread).

I'm gonna try and just get him to buy it first. None of these pedals really make me go 'Oooh! I really need to have that!'. I'd like a fuzz maybe (then I should probably go for the LPB), or an ebow.
    pearlwax wrote:
    Aha, thanks. Actually, I want a 'dirt' and a 'soap' pedal like Ed has :D (yeah, see my other thread).

I'm gonna try and just get him to buy it first. None of these pedals really make me go 'Oooh! I really need to have that!'. I'd like a fuzz maybe (then I should probably go for the LPB), or an ebow.

good call. modulation for the most part is sauce. Me personally I like meat and potatoes with dirty gravy.