Would this be worth a trade?

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://muziek.2dehands.be/markt/muz_instr/elektrische-gitaar/14882321-gibson-les-paul-special.html?start=30

This guitar keeps tickling my curiosity. The guy is interested in trading it with a Telecaster. I have a nice 4-way switch USA sunburst Tele that I do love, but I am curious about P90's and this guitar, a seventies Les Paul Special does look very nice.

How would it differ from my Tele and would it be an improvement?

I can't afford to buy it, a trade would be the only possibility. Unless the guy has sold it already, then this post has no use.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I would do it, but thats cause I like P-90s.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I shy away from anything made in the 70s by Gibson. Those were the dark years.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    If you love your Tele,,, keep it! The Special won't sound Tele-like. Not the greatest era for making them, like Enharmomnic says, and that's a pretty high price for a that model Special.

You oughta get a couple of P-90's and a pickguard and put it in your Tele! Then you can keep the other pickguard and pickups, and if you want to put them back in,,, you're good to go!

Pearlwax's first soldering project, and I KNOW you can do it! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Pearlwax's first soldering project, and I KNOW you can do it! :cool:

Dear God that would be awesome! Euh... no I really couldn't do that. But I do know a guy that probably could - the guy I got the Guild from.

Wouldn't you need a bigger hole to put the P90s in?

Either way, it's not for now, since I'm half unemployed all gear plans are in the freezer.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    pearlwax wrote:
    Dear God that would be awesome! Euh... no I really couldn't do that. But I do know a guy that probably could - the guy I got the Guild from.

Wouldn't you need a bigger hole to put the P90s in?

Either way, it's not for now, since I'm half unemployed all gear plans are in the freezer.

Sorry to hear about the job situation man.

If you take off the pickguard you can check the body routing on the guitar. I'm not sure what it'll be like on a Tele, but my Strat, although it has 3 single coil pickups in it, is routed for a humbucker in the neck and bridge, if I so desired them.