Options

Beware of new Scam

ratmandoratmando Outside of Portland, or somewhere like that Posts: 347
edited May 3 in The Porch
I guess I nearly got scammed, but I'm somewhat older and sorta wiser than a friend of mine. There's an email going around to people saying that "PJ backstage passes available NOW", and they're going to some fan club members. I have no idea how they harvested emails, but I'm not happy about it. If you met me, you know I'm in and out of wheelchair, and yknow, a veteran, and just turned the big *6-0" (Seeya soon rest of yalz)... so I musta had sucker written on me...but the email was to sell passes to ticketholders. OR you could trade YOUR tickets for a new set with passes. RIiiiiiIiiiiIIiiIIggght.  The address was not verifiable..but they had a number to call. My friend Rosa got scammed for about 2300 bux, but I got a clue when I saw Pearl Jam was spelled Perl Jam in the note. Also, you can forward said email to the FBI if you do end up getting it. Rosa is working on getting her money back, and it looks like her bank is working with her.  She said the voice on the call sounded like an AI. I wouldn't be surprised. 

Backstage passes first of all..... yknow they're not for sale, right? They're benefits for big wigs and people who work in and around the band. Second..if they COULD be sold..chances are you won't get an offer with your BCC'd email sent by a gmail account. Just insane people still think it's a thing. Sadness 

See ya in Portland, say hi to me and the dog.
When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
Post edited by ratmando on