Youngerly Girl sings Elderly Woman (goes cross-eyed and gets stuck in a loop:) A Philly Story

TL56865TL56865 Posts: 32
edited May 3 in The Porch

We've all got our stories. My wife and I have been fans since our EARLY-TEENS, like so many here.
We grew up together, changed, learned, loved, lost, continued leaning into the winds of this life together.
We got engaged in Pittsburgh in 2003 during a little 5-show-PJ-tour of the area (the State College show was insane that year!). We were in our LATE-20's.
In 2009 we were at 2 of the epic shows closing down the Spectrum in Philly. We were in our MID-30's.
Unbeknownst to us at the time, there was a set of blastocysts slowly growing into embryos
in my wife's baby-garden at those Spectrum shows. Certainly, reverberations and resonance from the boys on the stage those nights surrounded our soon to be twin girls,
and even though they had no ears yet, I like to think their DNA was positively influenced by the sonic experience.    

The video below is one of our twins in 2013, just shy of age 3, attempting to sing Elderly Woman, crossing her eyes and getting stuck in a loop in the process:)
Finding her own voice in the words and melodies of others.
As this one grew into adolescence, her own musical tastes emerged, separate from her parents.
But a magical thing happened last year. My wife and I in our LATE-40's now. This teenager, all on her own, found Nirvana. Then Soundgarden. Then she found 'Black' from Unplugged and that was it. The catalyst was activated. Fuse lit. Inspiration ignited.
A deep-dive into all things Pearl Jam ensued. She wanted to know everything. We watched all the old DVD's, Touring Band, Single Video Theory, Showbox, Immagine, all of 'em. She wanted more.
She's just turning 14 now. Just about the same age I was when I found the music and lyrics from this band speaking to me from somewhere else.
Circling right back to the start. Something about infinity in a circle, the circumference divided by the diameter. A pattern of numbers that never repeats and goes on forever.
It has been an absolute joy reliving the early years with her and going on the journey again. Sharing it. Applying it. We are singing all the words to this beautiful new album together. I'm certain that they mean different things for each of us, but there is something still shared despite the difference in age and stage. We've been through a lot, all of us. 

I was able to get a pair of GA tix for the the September 7th show in Philly this time around. So I'll be there, with this little girl, dancing and singing.
Her first show with ears. I am pretty sure it's going to be something special. We cannot wait!
Snagged a single for my wife side stage as well.
"What about the other twin", you ask? She's super cool too, but wants absolutely nothing to do with Pearl Jam:)  Haha. I think she's just a contrarian. But to each their own!  

Enjoy the album, enjoy the shows, enjoy the life. "And I hope that today and every day is grand!" 
https://youtu.be/SC4o2C3zKWw?si=GHAjdklrScNqxTwU&t=13
Post edited by TL56865 on
Tagged: