If I were to sell a 75 Fender Champ (silverface)

casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
What pricetag should I be aiming at? I'm thinking of selling mine, since I also have a Vibro Champ from the same period and since I don't play much these days and I only have one electric... well. And I need some funds for a different purchase. So what do they go for these days?

And for those who might still remember me from a long while ago: hi! How are you doing? Paco, mig, Exhausted? Bob?

Haven't been around here much (except some reading now and then), I'm pretty busy with life, work and my brilliant son: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanv/sets/72157600873010618/

anyway, thanks for the input and see you all around! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    Do a search on Ebay, and you'll find a bunch on there to compare yours to. There's one ending in 4hrs. (At the time of this post) that had a current price of about $260. But, depending on which model, they seem to range from $200-$1200.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Two toothed tiger is quite possibly one of the coolest pictures ever! Congrats!!

I'd say 400, depending on the condition.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    According to the 2008 VG Price Guide.
    A Fender CHAMP 1973-1982 Silverface, 1x8"
    IN EXCELLENT CONDITION (meaning all original):
    Low is $300
    High is $350
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • I always look at old auctions at ebay for ideas on what stuff is going for.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Howdy howdy... I know how things go, I've disappeared from the board a few times, but I'm always prowling in the corners...

I (like everyone else) usually make eBay my price point for a sale... I like to watch a few auctions and see what the final sales price is, then kinda judge based on age, condition, etc. Also factor in shipping if someone is charging a huge amount... if one guy's shipping is $20 and the next guy wants $70, then that can affect final sales price.

If you have an eBay account, then use the "Watch This Item" function so you can see the final sales price. Otherwise, you'll miss the sniper fire at the end of the auction.

Another place to check, although it's hit-and-miss, is Craig's List. Start by looking locally, but check other areas if you don't get any hits.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    What pricetag should I be aiming at? I'm thinking of selling mine, since I also have a Vibro Champ from the same period and since I don't play much these days and I only have one electric... well. And I need some funds for a different purchase. So what do they go for these days?

And for those who might still remember me from a long while ago: hi! How are you doing? Paco, mig, Exhausted? Bob?

Haven't been around here much (except some reading now and then), I'm pretty busy with life, work and my brilliant son: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanv/sets/72157600873010618/

anyway, thanks for the input and see you all around! :)

Whoa!!! Nelson's looking good! Give that kid a hug for me and tell your lovely gal I said hi! What was that, three years ago when we were in New Yawk? One of us has to break and cross the ocean again! :D

Ok, maybe me

Well, MIG said it. Like Ian said, the vintage book is around $300 - $350 but anything can happen on Ebay!
    Here's one to watch:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Champ-Silverface-All-Tube-6-Watts-70s_W0QQitemZ290236870757QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Keep in mind our economy sucks on this side of the pond and things aren't selling as well these days, and of course, haha,, our exchange rate. I think it costs abut a couple of hundred bucks for a beer for us over in Europe,

So that settles it! Come on over here and the beer's cheap! :D

Cheers to you and your family!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out those one ebay. Snice the champs are rather rare in Belgium I wont be taking the exchange rate into account. I think I'll start at 350 euros and see how it goes. Not putting it on ebay, so people will bid below that anyway :)

Bob, the misses says hi back! Not coming though, would love to, but all in it's still an expensive trip.

ps: a good beer here would cost you up to 5 or 6 bucks I think.