Comments

• HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125
    Vulture Cinematrix No. 84: Jun 18, 2024

I got 8/9 Correct
    Score: 2057

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩

So close! 🫣 Could recall the entire plot as well as the main cast of that one Benedict Cumberbatch film, but couldn‘t for the life of me remember the title…
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,803
    Vulture Cinematrix No. 85: Jun 19, 2024

I got 7/9 Correct
    Score: 1833

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜⬜

Play at: 

Should have really had this when I saw what I forgot.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,082
    YOU ARE STARTING TO SLACK
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I know! I forgot about the Star Trek franchise. That would have wrapped it up for me.

Maybe when summer school is over I just have to do wall to wall movies to get back into fighting shape. 

I got 9/9 Correct
    Score: 2421

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩

Play at: 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I know! I forgot about the Star Trek franchise. That would have wrapped it up for me.

Maybe when summer school is over I just have to do wall to wall movies to get back into fighting shape. 

I feel like the trick this time was

To save Star Trek for Cho, and not waste those three films on Pegg and Saldana :)

• soph189soph189 Posts: 323

I got 8/9 Correct
    Score: 2166

🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩

Play at: 
    I forgot all about Star Trek! I can’t believe it. Ugh. I did put in The Losers for Zoe. Nice low percentage for that one. MI: III was a low one for Pegg too. I should have had this wrapped up with Trek though. 

I forgot all about Star Trek! I can’t believe it. Ugh. I did put in The Losers for Zoe. Nice low percentage for that one. MI: III was a low one for Pegg too. I should have had this wrapped up with Trek though. 

It’s kind of ”boring” when actors show up that has been in long running filmfeanchises to be honest. hehe. It’s like a cheatcode
    Yeah, and some actors have 2 or 3 cheat codes! (Zoe Saldana)
  • HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125

I got 6/9 Correct
    Score: 1560

⬜🟩🟩
    🟩⬜🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩

YOU ARE STARTING TO SLACK
    Vulture Cinematrix No. 86: Jun 20, 2024

I got 9/9 Correct
    Score: 2406

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩

Play at: 

Got my mojo back!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650

I got 7/9 Correct
    Score: 1876

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜⬜

Play at: 
    This weekend we rock Portland

I got 7/9 Correct
    Score: 1859

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜⬜🟩

Play at: 

I got 8/9 Correct
    Score: 2165

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩⬜

Play at: 
    Vulture Cinematrix No. 87: Jun 21, 2024

I got 6/9 Correct
    Score: 1536

🟩⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜🟩

Play at: 

Should have been more thoughtful with that bottom row and I could have gotten it. I was not getting Garland though.

I got 7/9 Correct
    Score: 1792

🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜🟩

Play at: 
    https://vulture.com/vulturecinematrix 

I assume either of my answers for box 1 and 3 for Judy G would have worked for box 2 but couldn't think of anything else with her. Basically, used the only 2 movies I know she was in.

And for Madge, I should have slowed down and thought it through. My answer for box 7 would have worked in 8, and my answer for box 9 would have worked in 7, then I could have come up with a different answer in box 9. But I immediately tossed the first thing that came to mind in box 7.

I got 7/9 Correct
    Score: 1776

⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜🟩

Play at: 
    Ehh not the easiest today 
    Vulture Cinematrix No. 88: Jun 22, 2024

I got 8/9 Correct
    Score: 2075

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩

Play at: 

Missing the middle one on Guzman was tough. I’ve forgotten he was in so many movies that I have seen, but haven’t watched in a while.
    Vulture Cinematrix No. 90: Jun 24, 2024

I got 8/9 Correct
    Score: 2278

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩⬜

Play at: 

I got 8/9 Correct
    Score: 2181

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩⬜

Play at: 

Took a shot and was right that:

Comic books counted as books

I got 8/9 Correct
    Score: 2169

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩⬜

Play at: 

Threw away a guess because
    I was sure that the Cameron Diaz film The Counselor was directed by Oliver Stone

I got 9/9 Correct
    Score: 2490

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩

Play at: 
    Great job all! 

Guessed on the last box w/Molly’s Game (Aaron Sorkin). Nice when it works out 

Nice job! Forgot he was in that. I was proud to put Something About Mary in the directed by an Oscar winner. Although not happy that guy won for best picture for Green Book. Wanted to put Prometheus for my missing Elba.

How does Ridley Scott not have an Oscar, but a Farrelly brother has one? Oh well.

Now that is a travesty. Ridley Scott for president.
    Will you see the new Alien movie? 
    Absolutely! I’ve been eagerly anticipating it since they announced they would make one. 

Aliens and Alien are a favorite of mine. My dad took me to see Aliens in theater when I was 9. Such a good movie. 

edited June 25
    Aliens might be good. But it is a step-down and step in a Roger Corman-direction put in relation to the first one. Such an ugly B-movie finesse-less film.

Alien 3 is severely underrated. 

Alien: Resurrection has the best looking aliens. 

Couldn't get through Covenant. Looking forward to Alvarez film - hoping it is not just a "good looking rethread".
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Alien is the better film. But Aliens gets my vote due to the memories of my movie going experience. Plus, I love that cast. Cameron did come from the Roger Corman school. I just loved Hicks and those marines when I was a kid. Bill Paxton. 😢 

Alien 3 is underrated. My biggest complaint is the character deaths that come in the opening credits. Kind of renders Ripley’s character arc in the second movie a bit moot.

Resurrection has its moments. Again, Michael Wincott’s character investigating a weird noise on his own down a spooky hall? Weaver’s performance is interesting, and I love Perlman, Dourdan, and Pinon’s characters that are the mercenaries. I’m all for crazy science experiment goes bad on a space station, but the weird monster at the end and Weaver’s “connection” to the Aliens is a bit far.

But that water scene is pretty awesome!

I like Covenant, but the climax in space is a bit by the numbers for this franchise. I also can’t stand some of the character actions down on the planet in the first act. But that neomorph birth scene is pretty gnarly.

I also like Prometheus, minus some of the character choices (let me touch this weird alien eel, I’m sure things will work out). It needed more explanation and more definition around the effects of the black goo (other than it unpredictably wrecks an organism’s DNA?).

Overall, an uneven franchise, with two classic films at the beginning, and a bedeviled (by the studio and a million writers) production for the third film (Fincher’s first!) which is really not bad! Also, let’s hear it for Charles S. Dutton in that third one. He’s awesome.
    Vulture Cinematrix No. 91: Jun 25, 2024

I got 9/9 Correct
    Score: 2459

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩

Play at: 
    Vulture Cinematrix No. 91: Jun 25, 2024

I got 9/9 Correct
    Score: 2406

🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩

Play at: