Options

Dublin Show Meetup - Who is attending the Dublin show in June? We're coming in from Seattle.

Hey Jammers. A buddy and I are flying into Dublin for the PJ show. We'll be there for several days. Who else is going? Locals or from elsewhere. Would be cool to meet up.
Seattle, WA (August 03, 1991) | Seattle, WA (August 23, 1991) | Seattle, WA (September 20, 1992) | George, WA (September 05, 1993) | Seattle, WA (February 06, 1995) | Seattle, WA (September 16, 1996) | Seattle, WA (May 07, 1998) | Seattle, WA (November 05, 2000) | Seattle, WA (October 22, 2001) | Seattle, WA (December 09, 2002) | Seattle, WA (September 24, 2004) | Seattle, WA (April 29, 2005) | Pauley Pavilion, VH1 Honors the Who (July 12, 2008) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Denver, CO (April 9, 2020) | Glendale, AZ (April 11,2020) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Dublin (June 23, 2024) | Missoula, MT (August 22, 2024) | Chicago, Wrigley (Aug 31, 2024)

Comments

• Options
    How many days do you have in Ireland? You should try and see other parts of the country - west coast, Wicklow or anywhere outside Dublin. Are you staying in the city? I live right beside the venue, let me know if you need any tips. 
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 437
    ^^^^
    Hi Philip, do you know if it's easy to park in Rathfarnham (or anywhere else nearby) and walk to the venue from there please?
    Thank you
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 537
    edited April 30
    ^^^^
    Hi Philip, do you know if it's easy to park in Rathfarnham (or anywhere else nearby) and walk to the venue from there please?
    Thank you
    There are a lot of parking checks around the area on concert days. I will have car park passes for the area. I can probably meet up and give you one, so you can park in a nearby housing estate. There are two buses that go close to the park from the city but expect delays. The Luas (tram) is about a 25/30 walk from Marlay - get off at Balally stop.
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Options
    robrienwarobrienwa Posts: 2
    How many days do you have in Ireland? You should try and see other parts of the country - west coast, Wicklow or anywhere outside Dublin. Are you staying in the city? I live right beside the venue, let me know if you need any tips. 
    Hi Philip. We arrive the 19th and depart the 24th. We will have aa few days to explore. We won't have a car. So, any recommendations using the train would very helpful. Also, I've heard Marcaly Park is horrible getting in and out of for concerts. Do you have any tips? We have an Airbnb near Temple Bar and Stephens Green.
    Seattle, WA (August 03, 1991) | Seattle, WA (August 23, 1991) | Seattle, WA (September 20, 1992) | George, WA (September 05, 1993) | Seattle, WA (February 06, 1995) | Seattle, WA (September 16, 1996) | Seattle, WA (May 07, 1998) | Seattle, WA (November 05, 2000) | Seattle, WA (October 22, 2001) | Seattle, WA (December 09, 2002) | Seattle, WA (September 24, 2004) | Seattle, WA (April 29, 2005) | Pauley Pavilion, VH1 Honors the Who (July 12, 2008) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Denver, CO (April 9, 2020) | Glendale, AZ (April 11,2020) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Dublin (June 23, 2024) | Missoula, MT (August 22, 2024) | Chicago, Wrigley (Aug 31, 2024)
  • Options
    ^^^^
    Thank you
    There are a lot of parking checks around the area on concert days. I will have car park passes for the area. I can probably meet up and give you one, so you can park in a nearby housing estate. There are two buses that go close to the park from the city but expect delays. The Luas (tram) is about a 25/30 walk from Marlay - get off at Balally stop.
    Thank you. My flight gets in at 7:30am and I'm hiring a car. I was planning on parking up to an hour walk from MP, do you think there will be parking checks that far out?
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    robrienwa said:
    Hi Philip. We arrive the 19th and depart the 24th. We will have aa few days to explore. We won't have a car. So, any recommendations using the train would very helpful. Also, I've heard Marcaly Park is horrible getting in and out of for concerts. Do you have any tips? We have an Airbnb near Temple Bar and Stephens Green.
    Hi,

Traffic to the venue will be pretty crazy on the day of the show. You could get a bus close to the venue but I would recommend getting the  Luas tram (goes from very close to Temple Bar- Trinity Stop) to the Dundrum or Balally stop. From either of those stops its about a 30 min walk to the venue or you could get the 14 bus from right out the Dundrum Luas stop to Ballinteer (Broadford Rise stop) and the park is a few mins from there. When you leave the venue, you have a few options -wait for ages for a taxi, try and get a public bus to the city, get the Luas to the city or get a private coach-could get a private coach there too. Think they are about 10/14 Euro. Public transport is 2/3 Euro. 

For your days to explore-there a lots of options that I can give you more info about later but I recommend a day trip to Glendalough from Dublin or/and go to Galway (3 hours on bus-about 20 Euro return) and then go the the Aran Islands -Inis Mor. This trip would be at least two days worth, I reckon. It's beautiful there and so different from Dublin. Thoroughly recommend it. There are also day trips to the Giants Causeway and other trips to the cliffs of Moher from Dublin with a company called Paddy Wagon. Day Tours of Ireland - Paddywagon Tours

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,554
    My wife & I are coming in from Boston & staying in Wicklow for the days leading up to the show (we'll be in Donegal visiting family prior to that). I'll have a car, and plan to drive... I'm keeping my ear to the ground for the Marlay Park parking passes when they go on sale. 

Can't wait for this show, seeing PJ in Dublin has been a bucket list item for me for a looooooong time. 
  • Options
    My wife & I are coming in from Boston & staying in Wicklow for the days leading up to the show (we'll be in Donegal visiting family prior to that). I'll have a car, and plan to drive... I'm keeping my ear to the ground for the Marlay Park parking passes when they go on sale. 

Can't wait for this show, seeing PJ in Dublin has been a bucket list item for me for a looooooong time. 
    I get a residents pass-don't know if they sell them but you'll get somewhere to park!
    If you are having a beer at the show you may be better off getting a coach from Wicklow. I would imagine a company is running buses. Where in Wicklow are you staying?
  • Options

Bus from Wicklow-two pick up points, 4pm- may take 2 hours with the traffic.

Bus to Pearl Jam Marlay Park Dublin June 2024 - Travel Master
  • Options

I appreciate all the info. I'm going to pass on the beer in Dublin... the wife & I have a deal, I'm going to behave in Dublin, and enjoy some beverages in Manchester, where our hotel is walking distance from the Co-Op. 

Win / win!
  • Options

I appreciate all the info. I'm going to pass on the beer in Dublin... the wife & I have a deal, I'm going to behave in Dublin, and enjoy some beverages in Manchester, where our hotel is walking distance from the Co-Op. 

Win / win!
    What about Guinness!!!!
  • Options

Win / win!
    What about Guinness!!!!
    I'll be more or less living in pubs every other night I'm there... a night off will be a good thing!!
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,003
    Especially given the Golden Circle ten club tickets, is it crazy to be taking the 6 pm Marathon coach from Dublin city centre? Seems like we may miss some Richard Ashcroft but should still be there in plenty of time for Pearl Jam right?
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 537
    edited April 30
    tdawe said:
    Especially given the Golden Circle ten club tickets, is it crazy to be taking the 6 pm Marathon coach from Dublin city centre? Seems like we may miss some Richard Ashcroft but should still be there in plenty of time for Pearl Jam right?
    Coach will prob take about an hour or so. Lot of people get the tram to Dundrum then walk or get a bus from there. 

You could get the tram to Dundrum about 5 or earlier (takes 15 mins from city centre) get dinner there - there are lots of restaurants in The Dundrum Town Centre, then have a 30 min walk or less than 10 min bus trip to Marlay park 
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Options
    ^^^^
    Thank you
    Hi Philip, please can I take you up on the car park pass offer? I'll DM you to tell you my plans! Thank you. Dom