Jumping channels?

pariahpariah Posts: 596
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was wondering... how does it work? Does the signal go out of input 1, into input 2? If so, how does the input change into an output? The whole thing is a biiiig mystery to me... enlighten me please :D
"Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    In amps with dual inputs for the same channel, the inputs are usually wired together. So, the wire goes from Input 1, to Input 2, then into the amp's preamp circuitry. If you plug into Input 1, the signal will go to Input 2, and then into the amp. Now, if you take that signal OUT of Input 2, then you will typically reduce the strength of that signal significantly. But it does work, and can be used for interesting effects as well. Many newer amps have Line Out jacks, usually on the back of the amp, that can serve the same purpose, but with no signal loss.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ah but what if the amp has 4 inputs like the really old JMP SLP's

same difference. you jumper the Lo jack from the I channel into the Hi jack from the II channel.

normal into bright. It's a nice little full range presence boost.

good explanation as usual MIG you are my hero.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    good explanation as usual MIG you are my hero.

Can I be...

The Wind Beneath Your Wings?
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Can I be...

The Wind Beneath Your Wings?

I'll think about it. It depends on how many 300 watt Hiwatt slaves and cabinets you attach to that sovtek. I figure 12 or so 4x12's will make me fly.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I'll think about it. It depends on how many 300 watt Hiwatt slaves and cabinets you attach to that sovtek. I figure 12 or so 4x12's will make me fly.

Yngwie will rise again...
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Yngwie will rise again...

have you seen his set up?

24 50 watt Marshall's

48 4x12 cabs.

24 in front of the stage 24 behind him.