Options

Ibanez Reissues at NAMM

pariahpariah Posts: 596
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
TS808
http://www.ibanez.com/namm/04w_namm.asp?pr=1

FL9 & CS9
http://www.ibanez.com/namm/04w_namm.asp?pr=3

I wonder what prices will be, especially for the 808... It would be pretty cool having that on my board though.. if only for the looks of it :D
A good thing I didn't buy the TS9 yet.
"Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    The 808 shows promise, if the price is right and the sound is there.

It sure as hell looks right...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    chorus good. flange bad.

i imagine it'll be in line with the other ibanez 9 series and less than the maxon version.

the 808 i'm guessing will be reasonable too. less than, say, the voodoo lab sparkle drive. and definitely less than a boutique 808.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the 808 i'm guessing will be reasonable too. less than, say, the voodoo lab sparkle drive. and definitely less than a boutique 808.

$150-200? If the sound is there, it would be worth it. Wonder what quality the caps will be... and the age-old question: true-bypass? Probably not...
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Is that flange really bad? I was considering an old one.

I'm kicking myself for not buying that MXR for $50 I'm a moron. Then again the last MXR I bought from guitar center was broken
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i'm sure the flange is fine. i just hate that effect.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    $150-200? If the sound is there, it would be worth it. Wonder what quality the caps will be... and the age-old question: true-bypass? Probably not...

i'm guessing less than that. probably close to whatever a TS9 goes for. no true bypass. this is a true to the original RI.
  • Options
    Why FL9 bad? They're pretty popular on GG. I don't like flangers anyway. (EDIT: nevermind.)
    BTW, when will these things be up for sale?
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    obviously someone told Ibanez people pay 500 bucks for these on Ebay and 335 for the chorus AD and FL maxons (maxon made the originals labled Ibanez)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    the 808 circuit has been cloned and copies ad nauseum for so long that i don't think this thing's going to break any uncharted ground.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the 808 circuit has been cloned and copies ad nauseum for so long that i don't think this thing's going to break any uncharted ground.

It's a novelty thing... if it has the right sound, it'll be a huge hit, just because it looks like the real thing. If not, it'll still move some units due to it's appearance. Sad but true.
  • Options
    How much money you want to bet there will be a mod for it up within a month to make it sound like the "Original" Ha ha.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    How much money you want to bet there will be a mod for it up within a month to make it sound like the "Original" Ha ha.

not very much b/c i'm sure you're right. they'll change to NOS resistors or something assinine like that.
  • Options
    its funny that they would release it now when there are so many tube screamers on the market but I think they'll do ok. They missed it by about 3 years though. Maxon did well to get them out when they did now they have the high end rep
  • Options
    the ibanez ts808 reissues are not as good as the originals from what i understand. you can have them modded to sound more vintage though.yay
    his names forest and hes the one who
    puts calcium in the tab soft drinks
  • Options
    Which TS 808 are you talking about? Clarity, volume, and fat mids are what people look for in a TS pedal whether it is a TS-808 TS-9 or whatever.

Modding it using correct chips (JRC 4558D) or the TI version of the same chip make it sound much better

Changing caps to open up the sound and give you more volume and gain range also make the pedal sound better.

The modded pedals actually sound better than the originals but the originals are valued by collectors so it drives up the price.

No pedal built by a large company in a sweatshop is going to sound better than a custom made unit with the correct components built by a qualified electronic engineer. Because large companies have a larger bottom line to meet and they can't pay their workers the same amount or afford to spend extra money on components.

It doesn't really have to do with vintage (808) or modern (TS-9) It has more to do with clarity and how the signal clips and how much it clips
  • Options
    Well, since the Maxon OD808 is selling for a street price of $120... I imagine the TS-808 will sell for $110-140.
  • Options
    i have an original fl9. because my amp is a rack line 6 pod xt pro powered by a mesa 50/50, i just use the amp effects because line 6 are the shit at effects too now...but i kept the pedal around and when i was using it regularly i loved it. it sounded great...if you tone down the width you can make it sound like a chorus...and if you turn the speed all the way up you can get a kinda thick rotary sorta sound.as well as just kinda classic flange.
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • Options
    From Harmony Central:

"The TS808 Tube Screamer Reissue lists for $239.95."

Jesus Christ...
  • Options
    $240. that's fucking ridiculous.

it'll retail for less than that but it's still assinine.
  • Options
    Retail probably around $200 me thinks. Waste of money.

There are custom models and modded versions that will blow it away, the TS-9 even looks better. You'd be better off spending that money on a down payment towards a vibroverb if you wanna sound like SRV.

My Barber Direct Drive was $99 and it's even got a pull pot for harmonics. The SS is just 40 bucks more and you can custom tailor harmonics bass and treble response. what a joke.
  • Options
    That settles it, I'm sticking with Keeley.

$240? That's great for people who want the look. I want the sound... and I can get two different top-notch Tubescreamers from Keeley for $300.