Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    I'm only about halfway through, but this is a fun listen. They talk a lot about Watt and his process. And how he would bring up old PJ songs and tell them to "do it like that". Stone saying that Watt has such an amazing recall of the PJ catalog and being such a big fan he knew what he (and likely other fans) wanted to hear. 
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 950
    Love Jeffs story about Wont Tell and into the Joni Mitchell story
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 627
    Great interview. I think I enjoyed this more than Stern (outside of the live performances)
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I love this podcast & have always wanted to hear Pearl Jam on here....Can't wait to listen
  • Options
    Definitely getting the feeling we might be hearing most of Dark Matter at each show, which I am totally on board for.

Stone quote:
    "We've done such variety and such eclectic setlists for so long that I think our audience is ready to follow us and be part of the journey of whatever we going to try and do.  The material we just wrote is really song and I don't think they'll be any let down between the material, and you know that any given night or any given tour, there's always another one"......."we're not out that much, we dont play that many shows so it stays fresh, it's going to be fun"
  • Options
    Just finished this and really enjoyed it, probably more than the Howard interview overall.
    The Howard one felt more like a group of mates hanging and goofy, whereas this felt more like a proper interview and enjoyed hearing more from Jeff and Stone.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    edited April 23
    Interesting comment for sure. 11 new songs in a row sounds like a crowd killer though.  Stone did say in another interview that they were planning on playing a lot of it though and said for the fans to listen to it and be ready. I’d still prefer a handful of new ones at each show with an open pallet for the rest.
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,748
    What a great interview by that woman. She asked some good questions and hearing Jeff and Stone together was just awesome. They both really have a great perspective on everything. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613
    Thanks for sharing. I think I enjoyed that more than the Stern interview.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    KsayetKsayet Posts: 64
    Definitely getting the feeling we might be hearing most of Dark Matter at each show, which I am totally on board for.

Stone quote:
    "We've done such variety and such eclectic setlists for so long that I think our audience is ready to follow us and be part of the journey of whatever we going to try and do.  The material we just wrote is really song and I don't think they'll be any let down between the material, and you know that any given night or any given tour, there's always another one"......."we're not out that much, we dont play that many shows so it stays fresh, it's going to be fun"
    Great interview but yeah this caught my ear... I think the interviewer kind of lead him into the answer but on second listen I think (hope) what he was saying is that they've earned our trust and can do what they please. I find it hard to see them not continuing with the awesome setlists. IIRC they played about 4-6 lightning bolt songs each night of that tour. I'd imagine roughly the same for DM... There's only 11 songs on DM. 
    2018 - Rome
    2021 - Asbury, Ohana 1
    2022 - SD, LA1, LA2, Zurich, MSG, NJ, TN, KY, STL
    2023 - SP1,SP2,CHI1,CH2,FTW1,FTW2,AUS1,AUS2
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    Gonzo1977 said:
    I love this podcast & have always wanted to hear Pearl Jam on here....Can't wait to listen
    +1
  • Options
    Ksayet said:

Stone quote:
    Great interview but yeah this caught my ear... I think the interviewer kind of lead him into the answer but on second listen I think (hope) what he was saying is that they've earned our trust and can do what they please. I find it hard to see them not continuing with the awesome setlists. IIRC they played about 4-6 lightning bolt songs each night of that tour. I'd imagine roughly the same for DM... There's only 11 songs on DM. 
    My guess would be DM & WFS most nights, whole album across both nights for the 2 show cities
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    love that the 'bang it out and not over think it' process really lands for them. Hopefully we get more material quicker form them. Stone seems massively energized by the process. 

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,351
    kmcmanus said:
    Ksayet said:

Stone quote:
    My guess would be DM & WFS most nights, whole album across both nights for the 2 show cities
    I'd bet on "Wreckage" being featured nightly. That song is going to be a hit in the world of rock and Triple-A radio. In a different era of pop music, it might have even been a crossover hit.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Ksayet said:

Stone quote:
    I'd bet on "Wreckage" being featured nightly. That song is going to be a hit in the world of rock and Triple-A radio. In a different era of pop music, it might have even been a crossover hit.
    I understand why that wasn’t the first single (legacy rock bands almost always lead with a “see we’re not to old to rage!” song out of the gate) but I’m very surprised it wasn’t second. I like Running a lot, but it was an odd choice for promoting the album.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,351
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Ksayet said:

Stone quote:
    I understand why that wasn’t the first single (legacy rock bands almost always lead with a “see we’re not to old to rage!” song out of the gate) but I’m very surprised it wasn’t second. I like Running a lot, but it was an odd choice for promoting the album.
    "Running" wasn't really a single. It was just a teaser, basically a one-off. It wasn't worked to radio. "Wreckage" is the second single. And, yes, the "ballad" as the second single from a rock band is standard operating procedure. (I almost wrote standard S.O.P. there for a moment.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 506
    Feel like whole album across both nights in 2 city shows would be the way to go.  With possible 1-2 song overlap
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Interesting comment for sure. 11 new songs in a row sounds like a crowd killer though.  Stone did say in another interview that they were planning on playing a lot of it though and said for the fans to listen to it and be ready. I’d still prefer a handful of new ones at each show with an open pallet for the rest.
    Well, Stone, if 10C ever sends me my copy of DM I would be happy to listen to it and be ready :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,089
    bootleg said:
    Feel like whole album across both nights in 2 city shows would be the way to go. 
    Doubt
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    Yeah several of the songs will be played both nights but I can see them playing 90% of the new album across a 2 night stand. Which I'm fine with. Its a no skip record for me.

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,616
    Well, Stone, if 10C ever sends me my copy of DM I would be happy to listen to it and be ready :lol: 
    Please tell me you haven't gone all week without a listen!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Spunkie said:
    Please tell me you haven't gone all week without a listen!
    Only low quality streaming audio. It's been the only option and I don't have a good setup for streaming. It's been tough :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf