Options

Request to shame the NZ Government

The NZ Government (3 headed coalition of chaos) are repealing all the resource management acts, create a panel of politicians who can fast track any project regardless of any environmental concerns.  They are laying off thousands of public servants responsible for environment, conservation, health, education you name it. They are cutting funding for environmental protections and community groups that help protect our flora and fauna. They have repealed a world leading smoke free law that would save 1000s of people especially the indigenous Māori who have the highest rate of smokers and health related diseases.  They are about to restart oil drilling, coal and mining and on protected land.

Why am I telling you all this.  Well, that's because your "biggest" fan is one of the MP's that is driving all the destruction (Chris Bishop).  I have it on good authority he will be at both PJ concerts in Auckland.  Help! Name and shame. Pj stance does not align with this right-wing government nor the right-wing governments self-proclaimed biggest PJ fan.

Sample
Resource Management Act changes bad, will 'add fuel to the climate crisis fire' - Opposition | Newshub
Firms invited to apply for fast-track consents include 'environmental destroyers' - Greenpeace | Newshub
Chris Bishop accused of 'gaslighting' tone in response to Fast Track Bill transparency concerns | Newshub

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,412
    Disgusting... and this is what happens when the right wing takes over.... they don't care about anything but $$ and their own pockets. The world is regressing
  • Options
    motleygunnermotleygunner Arizona Posts: 138
    Disgusting... and this is what happens when the right wing takes over.... they don't care about anything but $$ and their own pockets. The world is regressing
    I'd say not caring about anything but money and their own pockets is the one true bipartisan cause... There's filth in every nook and cranny of government.