albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    yeah I don't get it.
  • Options
    the album is dedicated to the one and only PO  looks like the Led Zeppelin "Presence Object" thus PO
  • Options

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,470
    I'm still confused. 
    What does it all mean? 
    Is the world ending? 
    Help me out here
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    Tell me that Led Zeppelin is a 50 year old band without telling me.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,132
    Most importantly, how did you manage to get The Object?!? I saw on Pawn Stars Rick was able to get one and I thought the guy said there were only around 10 made. 
  • Options

• Options
    Most importantly, how did you manage to get The Object?!? I saw on Pawn Stars Rick was able to get one and I thought the guy said there were only around 10 made. 
    I don't think this is a real object. I bought it at a estate sale in Scarsdale for 100 bucks about 30 years ago. I'ved checked and there were copies sold back in the day that look exactly the same even with engraved numbered to 1000
  • Options
    I don't think this is a real object. I bought it at an estate sale in Scarsdale for 100 bucks about 30 years ago. I'ved checked and there were copies sold back in the day that look exactly the same even with engraved numbered to 1000
    Gotcha. Still very cool though! I’d love to own one someday. 
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,748
    President Obama?
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 637
    Being as they included the little sketch, it can only be the Zeppelin reference.
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    My guess is it’s a reference to the “presence” Led Zeppelin felt when recording that album. 

“The cover and inside sleeve features images of people interacting with a black obelisk-shaped object. Inside the sleeve, the item is referred to simply as ‘The Object’. It was intended to represent Zeppelin's ‘force and presence’… Both Page and Plant have said that the presence of the object in the photographs made people stop and think about what is real, which reflected the music.”

"There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,748
    My guess is it’s a reference to the “presence” Led Zeppelin felt when recording that album. 

“The cover and inside sleeve features images of people interacting with a black obelisk-shaped object. Inside the sleeve, the item is referred to simply as ‘The Object’. It was intended to represent Zeppelin's ‘force and presence’… Both Page and Plant have said that the presence of the object in the photographs made people stop and think about what is real, which reflected the music.”

That makes sense. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    mojo10mojo10 Posts: 44
    I thought Po was a reference to Boom. As in Po & the 4Fathers: https://poandthe4fathers.com/

• Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 614
    Aubrey Powell, half of famed album cover duo Hipgnosis, is nicknamed PO. And yes, they did Presence. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    Aubrey Powell, half of famed album cover duo Hipgnosis, is nicknamed PO. And yes, they did Presence. 
    thank you I didn't know that 
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 614
    ZoSoTim said:
    There’s an excellent documentary about Hipgnosis on Netflix called Squaring The Circle. I highly recommend checking it out. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    There’s an excellent documentary about Hipgnosis on Netflix called Squaring The Circle. I highly recommend checking it out. 
    I'll have to check that out been a Floyd fan since the fireworks show July 3rd 1977 at MSG
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    I second that. Excellent documentary!