Options

Indie author asks: Which Dark Matter song belongs on The Quintessential Pearl Jam Album For Aliens?

TM260883TM260883 San Diego, CA Posts: 2
Greetings die-hard Pearl Jam fans,

A new PJ album means celebration, gratitude, a new soundtrack for a new season, a tour (!!!) and this burning question for PJ nation:

What if you were responsible for creating a Pearl Jam album to send to outer space in search of intelligent life? Sort of like NASA's golden record ( https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/golden-record/ ). We could compare this to a PJ album in search of intelligent life on Earth, but let's not go there...instead let's focus on this awesome new album and which song is the most quintessentially Pearl Jam. Because for the Quintessential PJ Album for Aliens, you can only include one track from each studio album. (NASA has a lot of standards and specifications!)

Seriously though, what if the Ten Club reached out and put you in charge of this. I mean why not? They're busy. And if you're reading the Ten Club message board, you're instantly qualified;)

So enjoy the new album, and let me know which song stands out to you. It's never an easy choice.

Cheers,
indie author and guitar player that (with some practice) can sort of play nine different PJ songs
-Tim Miller

PS
If you're curious what I came up with for this task (and need something hopefully enjoyable to read) I've written an essay entitled The Quintessential Pearl Jam Album for Aliens available at the link below. I've put the essay collection on discount in honor of Dark Matter. (Shameless plug: The other essays are humorous pieces about jury duty, fantasy sports, and a bizarre place called Rugby, Tennessee.)

In the spirit of PJ's activism, all proceeds from this link will go toward the San Diego Council of Literacy.

https://shop.ingramspark.com/b/084?w7XW7g30aAZZTLTwNSInIjp5N2WKOMzHwq05qB4d2dP

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    Scared of Fear for me. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: