Options

Digital download for Dark Matter???

SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 822
Can someone definitively (Ten Club staff?) let me know if pre-ordering the CD should give us free MP3's to download?

And if not, why?  

My CD isn't coming until Monday (which is fine - thank God for YouTube), but I would still like to get the album on my iTunes/iPhone ASAP, because that's how I roll.

Thanks.
19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!

Comments

• Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,172
    I only got a download for each of the Records that I ordered, but didn't get one for the CD.  Not that I answered your question though.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited April 19
    I have never gotten free digital with hard copy purchase. It's my main complaint for the vaults. I spend $60 on a vault, I feel I should get the digital.
    Also one of the reasons I ordered the CD off Amazon instead. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
    Apologies, I made a mistake w/my original post.

I completely forgot that I ordered DM on vinyl as a gift for a friend. My download is linked to that order, not my CD order.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    mace1229 said:
    I have never gotten free digital with hard copy purchase. It's my main complaint for the vaults. I spend $60 on a vault, I feel I should get the digital.
    I think you answered your own complaint. You bought the cd on top of it. There were a couple vaults where they gave us the digital but then they quit. So that people would pay for it. 
  • Options
    I looked again under the shopping section and I don't see anything about pre-ordering digitally.  So if what you are saying is true, if you order a vinyl you get a free digital download of the album, but if you order a CD you don't.  Well that is stupid and sucks if true.  

As far as not having the ability to pre-order the digital album directly on their site...I hope would assume it's a legal issue and all they can do is offer the links to purchase through other digital vendors on the day of release.  Because if that's not is what is legally required as far as digital downloads, than that just doesn't make sense.

But again...if you say you got the digital album downloads for your vinyl purchases, well then we should also get them for our CD purchases.

Damn man, I hate to bitch, but you'd think after 34 years this all would be a well oiled machine.
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,877
    mace1229 said:
    I think you answered your own complaint. You bought the cd on top of it. There were a couple vaults where they gave us the digital but then they quit. So that people would pay for it. 

And yet, they sent out digital downloads for this album...
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options

I completely forgot that I ordered DM on vinyl as a gift for a friend. My download is linked to that order, not my CD order.
    So you ordered vinyl and got the digital album?  If so, my question to Eddie and the boys is why doesn't my CD also give me the digital download?  I'm not paying Ten Club for both.  Unless this changes, next time I buy from a store on the day of or amazon, and I'll download the MP3's for free (or pay very little for them but not to Ten Club, which sucks as I want to support the band, but I don't support BS).
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:

For vinyl pre-orders only?  Still waiting on multiple confirmations on this.  That would be BS for us 'old school' CD collectors.
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:

For vinyl pre-orders only?  Still waiting on multiple confirmations on this.  That would be BS for us 'old school' CD collectors.
    Only in thay you can't listen to it non-streaming. I would guess most CD listeners have a computer to rip from, which is not really a thing for vinyl without extra equipment. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:

Only in thay you can't listen to it non-streaming. I would guess most CD listeners have a computer to rip from, which is not really a thing for vinyl without extra equipment. 
    I'm not that old school...most laptops don't have CD/DVD drives now.  So now I guess I'll have to rip off YouTube...though I saw they took Something Special off since this morning (I think it was on there this morning), so the whole album isn't on there anymore.  Lol, there are other ways.  I'm not paying for the CD then paying to download via iTunes, etc.  Bad form Pearl Jam and Ten Club, bad form.

Great album though!  :)
  • Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 325
    Very weird they won't give one for CD. They did for Lightning Bolt, but not Gigaton or Dark Matter 
  • Options

So you ordered vinyl and got the digital album?  If so, my question to Eddie and the boys is why doesn't my CD also give me the digital download?  I'm not paying Ten Club for both.  Unless this changes, next time I buy from a store on the day of or amazon, and I'll download the MP3's for free (or pay very little for them but not to Ten Club, which sucks as I want to support the band, but I don't support BS).
    Yeah. My e-mail for the download references my order # for the vinyl purchase. I got the vinyl for a buddy, and the CD for myself. I did not get a download e-mail for my CD order.

• Options
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:

I'm not that old school...most laptops don't have CD/DVD drives now.  So now I guess I'll have to rip off YouTube...though I saw they took Something Special off since this morning (I think it was on there this morning), so the whole album isn't on there anymore.  Lol, there are other ways.  I'm not paying for the CD then paying to download via iTunes, etc.  Bad form Pearl Jam and Ten Club, bad form.

Yeah, same. Neither my personal laptop nor my work laptop have CD/DVD drives. I have an external drive, and was going to rip the CD files at a minimum, the HD/Atmos BluRay files at a maximum. Now that I have the FLACs, I don't have to, but I might anyway, depending on how the FLACs sound when I do a deep listen later.

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    Ten Club has done a digital download to buy in the store for previous albums. Not for Dark Matter? I can’t find it in the Ten Club store.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    fsu2626 said:
    Very weird they won't give one for CD. They did for Lightning Bolt, but not Gigaton or Dark Matter
    I wonder why?

• Options
    I looked again under the shopping section and I don't see anything about pre-ordering digitally.  .
    ten club had digital to buy by itself on previous albums. not for Dark Matter?

• Options
    I looked again under the shopping section and I don't see anything about pre-ordering digitally.  .
    Must have made a deal with the devils (Spotify, Apple, etc.).  That's a shame.  
  • Options
    They may have done the downloads for the records because they will take longer to receive.  My CD order just updated to say that it should be here today, after it said the 22nd last night.
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:

Fair point. I've made sure to have one just for this reason, but yeah, not everyone does anymore.

More likely an oversight, as they clearly have the digital download available for some. Might be worth shooting Ten Club an email.

• Options
    Yep, my order updated earlier today, and my CD just showed up in the mail.  Now I really want the damn Albums!!!
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    i got two links.  One for CD and one for Vinyl...I assume.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148

The devil with no waste and no transportation.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mace1229 said:

Get an external dvd/cd drive, they’re like $15.
    worth it just for CDs you find at yard sales or even record stores. Used CDs are dirt cheap.
    For a while a new CD was cheaper than a digital download for many albums on Amazon. A couple years ago I lost my Badmotofinger CD, new on Amazon was $5 while the download was 10.
  • Options

The devil with no waste and no transportation.
    Selling/offering a digital download also has those benefits (not that I believe a lack of digital download is b/c they want people to stream the album instead of owning it). 

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    It’s on Spotify  and iTunes, go nuts. 
  • Options
    rossmac78rossmac78 London Posts: 5
    I received my clear vinyl today, but no email regarding a digital file and no code in the record sleeve. Is it because I ordered through the UK store? Shame. Although I assume it'll be the same (compressed) quality as the streaming apps.
  • Options
    rossmac78 said:
    I received my clear vinyl today, but no email regarding a digital file and no code in the record sleeve. Is it because I ordered through the UK store? Shame. Although I assume it'll be the same (compressed) quality as the streaming apps.
    MP3, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV options. 

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    Pearl Jam - Dark Matter 24Bit 48kHz Flac-HD
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    Pearl Jam
    Dark Matter
    Monkeywrench
    48kHz · 24bit
    11 tracks · 48 minutes

• Options
    demetrios said:
    Thanks.  I ended up buying them (much less per track than iTunes) from my go to MP3 site (YouTube and an MP3 converter site does the trick for random stand alone songs).  

My CD did come Saturday vs. Monday.  Thursday or Friday would have been preferred, but oh well.  All digital angst aside, it's been a remarkable Pearl Jam release weekend.  After listening to the album 3 times, I've transitioned to pretty much nonstop play of my now 212 song Pearl Jam shuffle...and when the new songs come up, they sound even better.  

Kudos to Pearl Jam on the album.  Not a stinker on there.  Next album I just hope they offer up digital downloads for ALL hard copy music purchases.