Any nerds on here? (iPod related)

pariahpariah Posts: 596
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hm... don't know if there are any experts on the subject here, but always when my iPod seems to be dead for good (crashing my PC, not opening, swarming with logo's on the screen, acting like there's nothing on it) and I leave it alone for a couple of days (so it's not running in any way) it just starts working again like out of the blue. I was wondering if anyone has a viable explanation for this? Just to be clear, in the time between fuckup and revitalisation, the iPod is just turned off, hard disk not spinning, disconnected and all.

I should have done some IT study. :P
"Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    pariah wrote:
    Hm... don't know if there are any experts on the subject here, but always when my iPod seems to be dead for good (crashing my PC, not opening, swarming with logo's on the screen, acting like there's nothing on it) and I leave it alone for a couple of days (so it's not running in any way) it just starts working again like out of the blue. I was wondering if anyone has a viable explanation for this? Just to be clear, in the time between fuckup and revitalisation, the iPod is just turned off, hard disk not spinning, disconnected and all.

I should have done some IT study. :P

check out ipodlounge.com you can find any answer there.

The best way to keep your Ipod working is to toss the PC and get a MAC ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Thanks -

And PM me with your bank account data to help me finance your solution ;)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm sure this is already in mind but:

reset it and check apple.com to see if there are updates for it.

i've had no issues with mine getting along with windows.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    exhausted wrote:
    i'm sure this is already in mind but:

reset it and check apple.com to see if there are updates for it.

i've had no issues with mine getting along with windows.

ditto...am using mine at work right now...i know sometimes they need to get serviced also..not sure how old yours is...
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • you have a poltergheist. Call Harold Ramis.

*nods*
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Check for any updated iPod software and when updating it there's an option to wipe it clean while you're at it. You'll have to reload your music from your PC afterwards, but it could fix the problem. If its less than a year old, or you got it with the extended AppleCare warranty, call Apple or head down to an Apple Store to have it looked if it doesn't get better.

Want a cheap Mac? Get the Mac mini, starts at $499 for the base model.