Intuitive drum machines?

surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Intuitive drum machines. Is there such thing?

I'm looking for something that you could enter some parameters in, such as music style, drummer style, cymbal frequency, etc... Then have it create a beat based on an inputted music file. This inputted file could be guitar, guitar and vocals. Well I hope you get the idea.
“One good thing about music,
when it hits you, you feel to pain.
So brutalize me with music.”
~ Bob Marley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• What an awesome question. You wanna talk abut a valuable software to create.

How many songwriters can't play/ don't know shit about drums.

If it does exist... sweet. If not you just came up with such a sweet idea.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Hello Surfer Dude,

the problem with that would be that the machine would take all the fun out of designing a beat.

The best Drum machine i ever used was an Akai MPC. lots of Hip hop people use them, but the yare basically a sampler & drum Machine in one.

i used to sample, say, one Kick from one track, a snare from another, hats from somewhere else and you can put them on little midi pads and play them in. brilliant. (once you've edited them 1st) add a bit of swing to make it like a real kit and you can have very very realistic drums. its endless really because you're not actually Ltd to drums, we used to make whole songs on it with Bass, vocals, noises whatever.

they aint that cheap though, and you definatly need an external hard drive.

as MYAD said, that would be a very neat idea though, just bang in the parameters and then roberts your fathers brother = Drum beat.
    if some one out there designs such a thing it would definatly sell i reckon.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer