Options

Trouble Reselling Vancouver 10Club Tickets

FaithfulOneFaithfulOne Bend, Oregon Posts: 49
I am trying to resell my 10Club tickets for face value through Ticketmaster, but it wants me to enter my bank account and it won't let me select USA as my country ... Canada is the only option. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Not sure what to do. I called Ticketmaster customer service but she couldn't help. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    It's not only Pearl Jam related.  As a Canadian I had the same problem in the opposite direction.   I discovered this issue in 2016, when I was trying to sell a spare pair of GNR tickets to the Seattle show on TM's platform.

TM only lets you sell if you connect a bank account in the same currency/country as the event. IE to use their reselling platform to a Concert in Canada, you need a Canadian bank account.  To sell US tickets, a US bank account etc...

My solution was that I opened a US domiciled bank account.   Which comes in handy from time to time if I need to do a transaction that requires a US bank account.   You'd need to open up a Canadian bank account.  Some threads suggested a company called wise.   I used TD as it made it easier to move funds between the US and Canada.

There was also a rumour that you can do it anyways, and eventually months and months later TM will mail you a cheque.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    Yup. They send you through several customer service loops and then mail you a check that takes forever to get to you and may not show up at all. I legitimately just gave up on seeing money from one of my Fan2Fan sales from the last Canadian tour. Wasn’t worth the time and effort I was putting into it.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    I am trying to resell my 10Club tickets for face value through Ticketmaster, but it wants me to enter my bank account and it won't let me select USA as my country ... Canada is the only option. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Not sure what to do. I called Ticketmaster customer service but she couldn't help. Thanks
    I’m also from the US and set up a wise account to buy/sell tickets for the Vancouver shows. If you set up a wise account, you can essentially use it as a Canadian checking account. You can even order physical checks if you’d like. I was able to sell a pair of tickets for Vancouver at the end of last week using my wise account with no problem. So I’d recommend that you also go ahead and set up a wise account to resell your tickets.  

Your tickets don’t happen to be GA by chance, do they? I’m desperately looking to get into GA for at least one of the Vancouver shows. 
  • Options
    borisdiscoborisdisco Posts: 114
    That is why I didn’t try for Vancouver tickets. Good luck to you. 
    the whole world will be different soon
    the whole world will be relieved
  • Options
    bbisonbbison Posts: 219
    As the prior poster said, just open a Wise account. It couldn't be any easier, I've already gotten paid for the Vancouver F2F I sold. It will also work if you have extra Euro, Australian/NZ tix to F2F.
    Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,029
    Wise account works very well. I just got paid for 2 Vancouver tickets. I live in NJ.  
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2